Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Biggest Waste of Space Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like if we had won and Reds everywhere would try to accompany that with a "BuT iT wAs OuR yOuTh SqUaD," all in all it would have just gone down as a win. All in all, we need to move on from this as a loss is a loss and we cannot afford the mental slip this will cause. Europa League spot is still a possibility.

nah mate I would have loving hearing that excuse.

We needed to play aggressive direct football yesterday. The tippy tap rubbish must go.

Everton at our best are a direct aggressive side. It's our identity. We dont play square along defence. I hate it.

Its fine if its done with 2 touch football because that's how you break through the lines.

Problem is Holgate is on the left and is so right footed that negates him being comfortable and Mina takes about 6 touches just to get the ball under control so it looks slow and laboured.

Ain't got a problem with Ancelotti doing it, he just needs a new defence before he tries it again lol

We needed to play aggressive direct football yesterday. The tippy tap rubbish must go.

Everton at our best are a direct aggressive side. It's our identity. We dont play square along defence. I hate it.

Yes. It's not just identity either, but practicality. That midfield 2 are not good enough to receive the ball and pass it forward. Both were shown up by Chirevella a lad who's about to turn 23, and has in truth looked semi competent in the Dutch league. He's a championship player. And he performed the key functions required of a central midfielder better than our 2.

I remember Roy Keane saying, that Brian Clough said to him, can you pass? Can you run? Can you tackle? The answer was a yes to all, so Clough said "well just do that then". People laughed when Keane said it, but he went on to say, you'd be amazed at how many professional players can't do those things, maybe they can do 1 or 2 but not all 3. Thats basically Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin.

To go back to point, Ancelotti's credibility will take a hit if he persists with trying to get Yerry Mina, Jordan Pickford, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin etc to play out like Barcelona. It will not end well. He's a wonderful manager, but we have seen 3 managers fall on that alter before him.

Granted I did not go and have not seen the game at all, but that is still a big claim to say it was the worst of all derby losses. Really? I could list a lot of terrible derby losses which would be hard to beat in terms of embarrassment. One was 5-0.
I suppose it sounds treacherous to most but a 5-0 drubbing from their first 11 would have been more excusable. Our first 11 was literally beaten by 3 of their perma bench and 8 of their reserves. Llana ran the shots says it all. Yeah we've been tested more before by them, but never with their second team.

Takes me back to the arsenal reserve embarsme, came back from that.

It's a test of our faith boys, stay believing, go kin watch big Ron at Peterborough documentary if you want to see how grim it can get

It hurts I know, but keep the faith we will come it's our rightful place. Stopped by several diasters totally out of our control and forced to restart.it just so happens those tragic events benefitted the afterbirth, our time is en route bar them rats doing something mad to shut us down

The stench of cowardice runs deep within our club - we must cull and start again.

1. Sigurdsson - sell - the championship beckons for this useless lump
2. Schneiderfraud - BMD infill material, not much use for anything else
3. Niasse - volley into the mersey - the useless fraud
4. Keane - sell, utterly shabite
5. Tosun - sell, utterly shabite
6. Mina - needs a rocket up his arse
7. Holgate - sell, not good enough...been taking heading lessons off Keane
8. Davis - sell, not good enough, the skateboard riding, tramp-fashion icon
9. Coleman - relegate to bit-part squad player
10.Delph - relegate to bit-part squad player

Right, as if the rest of their senior team had just simultaneously ruptured their knees the night before lol

he knew he was up against Carlo who dwarfed him in trophies won so he threw the game.

I had many like that lined up for the vermin. Thanks Ev.

Yes. It's not just identity either, but practicality. That midfield 2 are not good enough to receive the ball and pass it forward. Both were shown up by Chirevella a lad who's about to turn 23, and has in truth looked semi competent in the Dutch league. He's a championship player. And he performed the key functions required of a central midfielder better than our 2.

I remember Roy Keane saying, that Brian Clough said to him, can you pass? Can you run? Can you tackle? The answer was a yes to all, so Clough said "well just do that then". People laughed when Keane said it, but he went on to say, you'd be amazed at how many professional players can't do those things, maybe they can do 1 or 2 but not all 3. Thats basically Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin.

To go back to point, Ancelotti's credibility will take a hit if he persists with trying to get Yerry Mina, Jordan Pickford, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin etc to play out like Barcelona. It will not end well. He's a wonderful manager, but we have seen 3 managers fall on that alter before him.
Football really is a simple game. People overthink it all the time, or at least, overthink the wrong parts of the game.

Its hard to compare this to the 2012 semi. In that one we lost one we really should have won. But it was still a match that was decided by an error and that we were unlucky to lose. It was more of a heartbreaker than anything else.

To lose to that Liverpool team, the overwhelming feeling is just embarrassment. A game of men against boys, where the boys won. In addition it was a golden opportunity to break a hoodoo, and a team of expensively assembled internationals just couldn't do it, despite being managed by one of the world's most successful football managers!

Its hard to compare this to the 2012 semi. In that one we lost one we really should have won. But it was still a match that was decided by an error and that we were unlucky to lose. It was more of a heartbreaker than anything else.

To lose to that Liverpool team, the overwhelming feeling is just embarrassment. A game of men against boys, where the boys won. In addition it was a golden opportunity to break a hoodoo, and a team of expensively assembled internationals just couldn't do it, despite being managed by one of the world's most successful football managers!

They still had the likes of Gerrard and Suarez playing in that game. They were probably even favourites with the bookies. Yesterday was as low as it gets, for now at least.

Before at least everton played liverpool as if it was their cup final, whilst rolling over for the likes of city, united and others over the years past. But for the last few times, looks like your players cant even get up for the derby. If thats the case then i think your club is dead. It needs a revival

Anyway, after 46 years of going to the match, this is a new, beyond embarrassing low. The second half was the worst I've EVER seen-no shape, no pattern and no plan except Jordan wellying it! Everton can go hang; I'm done. Roll on the cricket season! Oh Lancy Lancy!

Status
Not open for further replies.