Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Biggest Waste of Space Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Line up is still baffling me, slowest midfield you will ever see against a group of kids chomping at the bit
Me you kenright, kin anybody, 11 senior professionals, just go out and win. You do not meet a master plan to beat kids when you have 11 men at the highest point in the sport. you just go out and play football. If our squad of 11 cant beat that then there's a clear cull needed we could try 10 formations or half a dozen rotations but it wont change the ultimate fact 7-8 of our first team are content losers. They don't get upset, imagine Rotherham or Peterborough came up vs that reserve team and lost, their players would be in tears at FT

....when you play 4-4-2, the two CM should play as a pair, they should hunt in a pack. Ancelotti picked a no10 and a player who shields the back 4. They were too far apart, which meant they were chasing shadows. Neither striker dropped in, 2 up from in that 2nd half meant we were essentially playing with 10 men.

It's ok though because he won a CL with Milan

Apparently this is the perfect time to be an Everton player and fan. How the hell did that happen yesterday then?

Sick of the sound bites from our ridiculously overpaid bunch of cowards.

Cull the lot of them and start again.

what was that the tweet has been deleted

Me you kenright, kin anybody, 11 senior professionals, just go out and win. You do not meet a master plan to beat kids when you have 11 men at the highest point in the sport. you just go out and play football. If our squad of 11 cant beat that then there's a clear cull needed we could try 10 formations or half a dozen rotations but it wont change the ultimate fact 7-8 of our first team are content losers. They don't get upset, imagine Rotherham or Peterborough came up vs that reserve team and lost, their players would be in tears at FT

Origi Milner Gomez Adrian Lallana Ox are all senior players, we wasn't just up against kids

A mix of experience and energy in the kids was always enough to trouble that midfield

Origi Milner Gomez Adrian Lallana Ox are all senior players, we wasn't just up against kids

A mix of experience and energy in the kids was always enough to trouble that midfield
Lallana origi Gomez were the only senior outfield players who played in the majority of the game, hardly the holy Trinity, Lallana was calling the shots ffs

What is most galling for me, Klopp wasn't that bothered whether he won or lost. Just picked a team he thought might hold out against what should have been a stronger opponent. He has bigger fish to fry than the FA cup.

I think we were asking a lot of Ancelotti to have worked any magic after the Christmas fixtures. If it wasn't for the massive pressure we as fans give he would have rested some of those players and put in fresh legs himself.

They ran on youthful energy and adrenaline, we were worn out by the ridiculous Christmas schedule.

I'm not excusing the performance, I am gutted and yes that was probably our worst derby in my living memory. I'm just saying a bit of context is needed, yes we need a clear out, even before yesterday that was apparent. This will take the and we must be patient. There are going to be some pretty low days ahead while Carlo builds the team he wants. It isn't easy shifting deadwood, those expecting most of them to be gone this month are in for a shock.

I think we were asking a lot of Ancelotti to have worked any magic after the Christmas fixtures. If it wasn't for the massive pressure we as fans give he would have rested some of those players and put in fresh legs himself.

They ran on youthful energy and adrenaline, we were worn out by the ridiculous Christmas schedule.

I'm not excusing the performance, I am gutted and yes that was probably our worst derby in my living memory. I'm just saying a bit of context is needed, yes we need a clear out, even before yesterday that was apparent. This will take the and we must be patient. There are going to be some pretty low days ahead while Carlo builds the team he wants. It isn't easy shifting deadwood, those expecting most of them to be gone this month are in for a shock.

Who the hell on earth would want to pay good money for any of that lot most clubs wouldn't take half of them for free, we are dire live with it.

I thought I’d wake up feeling better but I don’t. Still just pure rage. I can’t believe what I sat through yesterday. How some of them players can say they care for this club is beyond me.

Let’s make it a bear pit for some of our own on Saturday. I want Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, etc to go through hell if they’re on that pitch. We’ve got to start our U23 players in those positions until we can make permanent signings.

We had a couple of chances first half where the instinct (or is it coached?) seems to be to just get a shot away, but we shoot straight at the keepers legs rather than pick a spot. And not the first time in the last couple of games by the same players either. Slot either of those chances and we'd have very different mindsets today.

Eggs transfer column has it that Villa are looking at either Batshuai or Giroud in January. We should really be in there for Batshuai also. We need a proven finisher.

So the 27th min if right was suppose to be the minute we had our final shot on target lol,that is so very Everton if that is right v this team

I thought I’d wake up feeling better but I don’t. Still just pure rage. I can’t believe what I sat through yesterday. How some of them players can say they care for this club is beyond me.

Let’s make it a bear pit for some of our own on Saturday. I want Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, etc to go through hell if they’re on that pitch. We’ve got to start our U23 players in those positions until we can make permanent signings.
I can agree but for me we need to get the points and get safe. So many bad teams us included Who are able to beat each other. So get safe couple of loan signing then pre season get rid of some if not all of the rubbish. Get them super fit and let Ancellotti start building his team

So the 27th min if right was suppose to be the minute we had our final shot on target lol,that is so very Everton if that is right v this team

I'm sure DCL had that shot that went wide (when he should have squared it to Sidibe) around the 39th/40th minute mate.

Either way, I still feel absolutely sick in the stomach thinking about yesterday's match.

In the cold light of day, it was an even worse performance. The 2nd half was as bad as I can ever remember. 11 strangers on the pitch, out thought and out fought. No excuses, no sound bytes can fix the damage that was caused yesterday to our reputation. This set of players will be remembered for being the Everton side schooled by a gang of kids.

Honestly, how do we fix it when we can't drop/sell them all the next day?

We need signings and we need them now and they need to be of a quality far far above what we witnessed yesterday.

Who can we bring in from the u23's do you reckon mate? Definitely Gordon deserves a start, but then who else? The likes of Evans, Foulds, Gibson and probably Feeney will all be gone in the summer.

I'm sure DCL had that shot that went wide (when he should have squared it to Sidibe) around the 39th/40th minute mate.

Either way, I still feel absolutely sick in the stomach thinking about yesterday's match.

In the cold light of day, it was an even worse performance. The 2nd half was as bad as I can ever remember. 11 strangers on the pitch, out thought and out fought. No excuses, no sound bytes can fix the damage that was caused yesterday to our reputation. This set of players will be remembered for being the Everton side schooled by a gang of kids.

Honestly, how do we fix it when we can't drop/sell them all the next day?

We need signings and we need them now and they need to be of a quality far far above what we witnessed yesterday.

Who can we bring in from the u23's do you reckon mate? Definitely Gordon deserves a start, but then who else? The likes of Evans, Foulds, Gibson and probably Feeney will all be gone in the summer.
so it was not on target then lol,so maybe the 27th min was right,we were a disgrace every way pos,whatever min it is, we should be having shot after shot v that team,2nd half we just give up totally

Status
Not open for further replies.