Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Biggest Waste of Space Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just finished watching. Awful. And totallly misread the MOTM poll. Thought we had either been raided by RS or everyone had finally lost it. then realised what the poll was for. I'll recast.

There will be many more days as dark as this as Ancelotti rebuilds our club. All we can do is get behind him and get behind the players. We need a few years of stability now. Sacking him will achieve nothing.

Nah, this is one of the worst ever. To have our season effectively ended by Liverpool’s reserves will be a hard one to ever top.

I’m not your saying we should of kept Ferguson as manager when we shouldn’t of.
I'm saying he would have played that game different today ..,..ok
We now have Carlo he must know by now we are a very poor team who can't afford to play tippy tappy football v a team who's manager plays a big pressing game ...

We now have Carlo he must know by now we are a very poor team who can't afford to play tippy tappy football v a team who's manager plays a big pressing game ...

we score one of them chances, and then we’re not all bitching on here, it’s not Carlo it’s the players

He'll sort it Joey mate.

Last two games he'll have learned a lot more than the previous couple.

Sounds almost of bad as some of our fans coming out with us winning the transfer window every summer.

If anything this game should have brought some of our fans back down to earth with a massive reality check that we are poorer than any Everton that has played for this club previously and there is a lot of hard work to do.

I nearly vomited when that was on Sky Sports.

People wonder why Kopites buzz off us so much.

The longer the night has gone on the more I've realised all the noise made by a ''weakened Liverpool team'' and ''this is our chance'' only served to put all the pressure on our own shoulders. Like when the teams were announced a genuine belief took over, yes it was Anfield and yes we haven't won there for a long long time but look how much better we are on paper.

There’s been some terrible games against them lot in recent memory, but that for me was by far the most embarrassing I can remember, despite the low score line. We just looked awful from the off.

The only positive I can find is that that was a watershed moment for us. There is nowhere to hide now. It’s not the managers fault, as the board have provided us with the best available. The fault is 100% with that squad. I’ve defended them in the past, but last night made me realise just how bad they are.

Amongst the dreadful playing out from the back, the lack of any footballing sense in our midfield, and a general “can’t be arsed” attitude of which I’ve never seen in a derby before, amongst all that, we carved out three clear cut chances in the first half. Ok put one or maybe two misses down to bad luck, but to flunk all three just shows the real level of our squad. We are surviving on luck and when that luck runs dry, there’s no quality underneath.

As other posters have said, at least now Carlo has seen the real scale of his job here. He said the other day in response to transfer activity that he was still assessing the squad. Well now there is no doubt that he’ll be asking the board to spend big as soon as possible.

Onwards and upwards, it can’t get worse than this. Focus on the league and let’s hope we see new faces before the window closes.

If I had the choice between watching that shambles and finding out like this, I'd choose the latter.

Nice quick kill, shot to the head.
Maybe. I watched it until they scored even though I pretty much knew what was going to happen. I suppose it's just another traditional FA Cup shock, but the
funny thing is that Everton's U18s and U23's seem to manage OK against them. We should've sent them out instead of the rabble we picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.