Liverpool locals only - Why and how did you become a blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already mentioned that the ' Ball of Fire ' was the reason I'm a Blue, however my niece has a 5 year old daughter who's dad and both granddads are Rednoses but I made it my mission to ensure she was brought up properly. She has 7 different Everton kits from the last few seasons and is a fervent bluenose despite the best efforts of here dad and grandads, she refuses to wear their kit, or indeed anything red and insists on watching us when we're on the box . I'm taking her to her 1st game this season and she cannot wait.. Definitely a young lady who was " born , not created"

I was born into it, instead of sending a card my uncles who went the game with me dad sent me a photograph of the 91-92 squad with 'Welcome to the club' written on it and there's a picture in the loft of me, first day home from the hospital, on the couch with my teddy 'Everton' which was a blue teddy with the tower crest stitched on.

Ha Ha!!I was treated by my old dad for that one,seats in the brand new triple decker ahead of its time Main Stand!!,by the way if you are interested mate,I recently saw the highlights of the game on youtube and there's also highlights of the"infamous" 2nd leg out in Athens!!!Z-Cars I know,as Bally said"once Evertons touched you,nothings the same!!"

Ah in the Paddock sittin on me dads shoulders,,seems like yesterday...Well Bally was right mate,,my sons might have all been born hundreds of miles away from goodison but they are blue as me and you,,in a place where kids change teams like we change socks they proudly wear the shirt and spread the blue word..Z cars... every saturday morning matchday its whistled, hummed or sung around the house as soon as we are up...drives the mrs mad....Born hell yes and proud of it coyb

Granddad was a lifelong blue though in his later years he couldn't afford to go as much. (altho he was at the 66 final like!) He bought me a full kit when I was a 4yrd. I used to sit with my uncles and cousin and watch old games over and over growing up as the whole family (my mother included) are blues.
This caused an issue as my dad is from Leicester and never forgave the family for chosing me (as my parents aren't together).

PS - we're from the New Brighton MASSIVE! ahem

no choice really but after growing up slightly i thank my dad to the highest heavens for choosing everton and not the rs

I am from the states (Ohio) but I am a blue 100% because of the history and the stories that you natives are talking about on this thread.

Everton just feels like home.

Keep this thread going, its a great read while I am at work!

Dad and Brother are reds whilst me, me mum and other brother are blues. It's murder on derby day but wouldnt have it another way. Photos of me in liverpool kits but luckily that never lasted haha

As someone else said, I'm really pleased a lot of lads who aren't regular contributors are posting in this thread. We've uncovered the lurkers and we're taking down names.

Funny how a thread which gives you a chance to show just how much of an Evertonian you are brings them all out. Credit to the OP for finding their weakness.

Both my parent's families are full of Everton fans so there was no choice to be made.

I know it's cliche, but there wasn't ever a decision to make, I literally was born an Everton fan.

I must say that Tranmere is my second team though, which is due to my dad's side as most of them live in Birkenhead.

Family is from Liverpool but I lived abroad for most of my early life.

Came back to the UK in mid 70s. Dad and brother are RS, but my uncle John saved me from the dark side.

He was a school caretaker in Cantril Farm (now Stocksbridge Village), and a couple of the reserves used to come to the school to do a bit of coaching with the kids. Only name I remember is John McMahon, Steve's brother. Uncle John used to get tickets for reserve games then the old Div 1 games.

Have lived abroad since 1995 so haven't been to many games since, but I bleed blue......

Apart from the fact that we evertonians are chosen we do not choose, I was very lucky that my family is blue andvthat nothing had even came close to changing my mind, and that my dad took me to my first game made it official

Status
Not open for further replies.