Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Match of the Day with positive comments and agreeing on a penalty decision against Liverpool?

1g1o85.gif

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the loss of my pet dog, Toffee, but today was a great boost. She'll be happy tonight I know that.

It was marvelous.

We need to be expecting more, winning more, achieving more.

Hopefully this will be a turning point and a catalyst.

They were all excellent, well, almost all, but a day for positivity and celebration.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the loss of my pet dog, Toffee, but today was a great boost. She'll be happy tonight I know that.

It was marvelous.

We need to be expecting more, winning more, achieving more.

Hopefully this will be a turning point and a catalyst.

They were all excellent, well, almost all, but a day for positivity and celebration.

ah mate I’m so so sorry xxxxx

Have to give MOM to Pickford, key saves at key moments, kept calm & moved us down the pitch with his kicking even if he was kicking for touch in the corner at times. Especially given the history from the first game.

Thought Holgate & Coleman did well given their recent form.

Masterclass from Carlo. Interesting tactic to put Coleman on Robertson which stopped those crossfield passes to him from Arnold.

Even though the starting lineup was necessary because of injuries I winced when I saw it after the lack of opportunities we've had in front of goal in the last two games.

I clung onto the hope it would be like the last time we won there, the similarities being it seemed almost a Walter Smith line up (full of defenders).

Well despite them having the majority of possession they hardly bombarded our goal. Our passing was poor at times but we were very strict sticking to our game plan.

It was a deserved victory, from our team shorn of playing their best striker and midfielder from the off.

I went with Keane as MotM as he seemed to be a magnet for the ball and composed at all times. I wouldn't argue with those that gave the bid to Pickford. After his poor form and disgusting treatment by the media since the last Derby it was great to see him so positively involved - I'll bet it really rankles with the RS as well ;)

Another player overly demonized after the last Derby scored a great goal and worked really hard tonight. Richarlison seems to have found some form at the right time.

I thought all of our players contributed tonight but a special mention for Coleman.

That was a definite penalty by the way. I thought from one replay angle it would be overturned but you can actually see '3 Names' make a grab at DCL.

A wonderful night!

Status
Not open for further replies.