Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though the starting lineup was necessary because of injuries I winced when I saw it after the lack of opportunities we've had in front of goal in the last two games.

I clung onto the hope it would be like the last time we won there, the similarities being it seemed almost a Walter Smith line up (full of defenders).

Well despite them having the majority of possession they hardly bombarded our goal. Our passing was poor at times but we were very strict sticking to our game plan.

It was a deserved victory, from our team shorn of playing their best striker and midfielder from the off.

I went with Keane as MotM as he seemed to be a magnet for the ball and composed at all times. I wouldn't argue with those that gave the bid to Pickford. After his poor form and disgusting treatment by the media since the last Derby it was great to see him so positively involved - I'll bet it really rankles with the RS as well ;)

Another player overly demonized after the last Derby scored a great goal and worked really hard tonight. Richarlison seems to have found some form at the right time.

I thought all of our players contributed tonight but a special mention for Coleman.

That was a definite penalty by the way. I thought from one replay angle it would be overturned but you can actually see '3 Names' make a grab at DCL.

A wonderful night!
Great post and I agree with so many points. Keane was my m.o.m but the awareness/experience/pride of Coleman was so influential. When Pickford made the save from Henderson, it was Coleman who was the first to congratulate him. Pickford done himself proud and fingers crossed, this is a sign of things to come. And as for the penalty, Souness needs to resign as a pundit after his comment on both matches tonight.

Did anyone else know that Wayne Clarke in 1988 was the last time Everton won a return derby in the league? Honestly, some of the records we nuked tonight....

Best is still the one about champions losing four straight at home for the first time since 1924 tho.
In Secretariat We Trust!

1613862261183.png

Did anyone else know that Wayne Clarke in 1988 was the last time Everton won a return derby in the league? Honestly, some of the records we nuked tonight....

Best is still the one about champions losing four straight at home for the first time since 1924 tho.
Wayne Clarke should be more of a legend really , the lob at Highbury , part of 87 team and nutted a header in that (at the time) stopped Liverpools record consecutive wins in 88?

He said before the game “Liverpool will win Eazy as there better players in every position
As did almost everyone on here, including me. I read an interview with him near the start of the season and he said he always liked it when Everton were strong as it was good for the city of Liverpool and proper competition between the teams was something he missed. I was surprised to say the least.

Right, this is serious, I've just got another bottle of Peroni (my 10th) the missus has just said "Do you have to have another one?" so after a reasoned chat (yeah right) we agreed to put the 'should I have another one' to GOT, you cannot be biased (lol ) but she has always thought of Everton fans as being a sensible bunch so try and be sensible. ;)

EDIT: by the way, I can't have that 10th bottle till the consensus is I can.

Yes

Dear Lous missus

He loves you, he loves you very much.

We don't win very often

We very rarely win against the rs

We never win against the rs away

Let Lou have his 10th Peroni

Then let Lou have an 11th and 12th knowing that you'll never have to worry about him having 12 fir another 2o years

Best wishes you beautiful woman

maccavennie x

Status
Not open for further replies.