Lewis Warrington

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s one of those that seems like he could be of use to the squad but at the same time it’s probably better if he’s out on loan getting constant game time. It’s why I’m still all for Simms and Dobbin going out even when we’re short.

Fair enough they might be game time now when everyone is injured or we haven’t bought anyone but it’s far better for their development as players, especially strikers to get into teams early and establish themselves as starters. If they were only going out now or next week when seasons have already started it’d be a lot harder for them to get into teams that have already played together.

Even at u23/21 he has something different from our other young midfielders , the ability to look for the ball, control it and carry it forward. He’s probably our hardest working young midfielder too and has come on a lot in the last 13 months , great to see him getting game time last night. There’s still lots of developing left to do but Warrington is the type of player we should be developing into a squad player and not letting them slide into lower league obscurity.

I thought he played well, but he should have the confidence of having played at lower league level. Would be interesting to see how he does against a Championship grade.
I'm a big admirer of Lewis but that is a fair point. He's played and done well against teams of Fleetwood's standard for Tranmere so would have been confident he would be ok last night. The pace and physicality of the Premier League is another matter.

On the other hand he's far too good for the U23s, as he showed in the first half of last season. His loan to Tranmere in January was, for once, perfectly timed and an ideal club for him to go to. He still needs time to develop - do we keep him at Finch Farm or send him out on loan to a higher level than last time?

I'm a big admirer of Lewis but that is a fair point. He's played and done well against teams of Fleetwood's standard for Tranmere so would have been confident he would be ok last night. The pace and physicality of the Premier League is another matter.

On the other hand he's far too good for the U23s, as he showed in the first half of last season. His loan to Tranmere in January was, for once, perfectly timed and an ideal club for him to go to. He still needs time to develop - do we keep him at Finch Farm or send him out on loan to a higher level than last time?
I think Fleetwood are two divisions higher than Tranmere mate, albeit aye he came on against tired legs. Just seems to be something about him doesn’t there and I reckon all the better players have that aura.

I think Fleetwood are two divisions higher than Tranmere mate, albeit aye he came on against tired legs. Just seems to be something about him doesn’t there and I reckon all the better players have that aura.
One division higher. Good to see him come back with the increased self-confidence and I can see him developing into a handy squad player as long as he can deal with the increased speed and pressure at Championship level and above. I especially liked the way he was constantly moving into space and offering options last night.

One division higher. Good to see him come back with the increased self-confidence and I can see him developing into a handy squad player as long as he can deal with the increased speed and pressure at Championship level and above. I especially liked the way he was constantly moving into space and offering options last night.
You have a much better eye for a decent youth player than I, so that’s encouraging.

Really liked to see an Everton midfielder move into space always to receive the ball, which Onana was doing too. I’ve long bemoaned our static midfield marking themselves when we’re in possession so hopefully Lewis can develop either here or out of loan to give us options at playing out from the back without instigating panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.