Lewis Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question 1: Answered previously, max length for 17 year old. 5 year deal later if he proves worth it.
Q2. Yep , be sad to see him go when he eventually jags us off, the £50 mill fee commanded by good full backs should help though.
Q3 A guy called Steve Walsh, google him.
Q4 It's called potential. I refer you back to the answer to Q2, as to why the risk/reward of such an initial fee is well worth it .
So if he has a great season this year and the big clubs are all after him he will have 2 years left on his deal and be at his most valuable and we'll have to sell. It's not rocket surgery.

Question 1: Answered previously, max length for 17 year old. 5 year deal later if he proves worth it.
Q2. Yep , be sad to see him go when he eventually jags us off, the £50 mill fee commanded by good full backs should help though.
Q3 A guy called Steve Walsh, google him.
Q4 It's called potential. I refer you back to the answer to Q2, as to why the risk/reward of such an initial fee is well worth it .
Steve Walsh is wasting all our money on the youth squad, do we need all these players we’re signing? They’ll all be gone soon having made no impact anywhere and we’ll have wasted 30 odd million, we could have used that elsewhere on players for the be first team.

A dangerous game Steve Walsh is playing with our money, I don’t like the fact he’s allowed to throw it away so willy nilly.

So if he has a great season this year and the big clubs are all after him he will have 2 years left on his deal and be at his most valuable and we'll have to sell. It's not rocket surgery.

giphy.gif

Steve Walsh is wasting all our money on the youth squad, do we need all these players we’re signing? They’ll all be gone soon having made no impact anywhere and we’ll have wasted 30 odd million, we could have used that elsewhere on players for the be first team.

A dangerous game Steve Walsh is playing with our money, I don’t like the fact he’s allowed to throw it away so willy nilly.

Disagree..if only one of the youngsters makes the grade then it more than pays for itself.
We can't pay £100m on proven young talent like Mbappe so we have to get in early for potential...and we have a guy in Walsh with a proven record

I've had two mates from the north east text me about this lad today, one was even a Sunderland fan, both saying this lad is possibly going to amazing in a few years time.
Gibson and the lad from QPR could go on to be the best two deals we have done all summer. Time will tell

Disagree..if only one of the youngsters makes the grade then it more than pays for itself.
We can't pay £100m on proven young talent like Mbappe so we have to get in early for potential...and we have a guy in Walsh with a proven record
It’s a very risky game, even the likes of Lookman could fail to become anything other than average. DCL is awful.

I’m not sure about this proven record though.

Hahaha people still falling for the obvious here lol

Welcome to Goodison Lewis, hopefully you're a better Gibson than the last one.

Also up until this point I had no clue who he is.

He was not under contract at Newcastle, so was free to sign with anyone. The £6 million is the full package deal that Everton have offered, to save this going to tribunal.

Status
Not open for further replies.