Lewis Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a centre half lad.
There you go , we see him differently already! The only times I've seen him was playing left back for England U17s in this summers Euro tournament. He stood out as looking a class act. Hard to judge him on so few games , but he's up there for me with the other three full backs I've remembered from England U17s over the years, Kenny, Connolly and a lad called Jay Dasilva on Chelsea's books who looked to be a great left back.

I would play him in at left back initially and see how he goes, he may well be a great CB too, but at 17 he's still young so ease him in first , then review situation .

It is believed that an initial fee of around £1million will be paid to the Magpies but the fee could eventually rise to around £5million after instalments.

3 year deal? Clearly he's only using us as a stepping stone. Who sanctioned this ridiculous deal ffs? Why is the fee so high?
Question 1: Answered previously, max length for 17 year old. 5 year deal later if he proves worth it.
Q2. Yep , be sad to see him go when he eventually jags us off, the £50 mill fee commanded by good full backs should help though.
Q3 A guy called Steve Walsh, google him.
Q4 It's called potential. I refer you back to the answer to Q2, as to why the risk/reward of such an initial fee is well worth it .

If we are moaning about Barkley leaving his boyhood club and calling him a rat and a selfish so and so should we call this lad the same???

I'm looking at you @everton2004

Erm.....slightly different. This is a young lad, moving to a bigger club to further his development and career and clearly wants to be here.

The other is a boyhood Evertonian - who should be in his prime, who was offered a big payrise yet decided to decline the offer due to.....something. Not really that comparable. So no, we shouldn't treat them the same.

Erm.....slightly different. This is a young lad, moving to a bigger club to further his development and career and clearly wants to be here.

The other is a boyhood Evertonian - who should be in his prime, who was offered a big payrise yet decided to decline the offer due to.....something. Not really that comparable. So no, we shouldn't treat them the same.

Nah, it is kind of the same.

Barkley could end up at United, Chelsea or City, you never know, so the same could be levelled at him.

He has already left Boro for Newcastle, then refused to sign a deal with them and binned them off. Welcome young Lewissssssssssssssss.

If we are moaning about Barkley leaving his boyhood club and calling him a rat and a selfish so and so should we call this lad the same???

I'm looking at you @everton2004
If Gibson wanted to be a true rat he could have waited until next summer , refused to sign a professional contract , gone to the club offering him the most money and leaving Newcastle to gett just a paltry tribunal fee. The moral side of me is glad we've got him now and paying a fee that both clubs have agreed on, whatever it is. We tend to play very fair in these situations .

Status
Not open for further replies.