Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every player that makes it through and can contribute anything to the first team is a huge financial reward for us (either if we keep him and it saves a transfer or he generates money from a transfer). If Benitez can elevate Gordon Dobbin and Simms to PL standard players it’s worth tens of millions.

If we can get just one in and around the first team squad and maybe just make money off the other 2 would be good. Same in midfield Onyango, Whitaker and Price. If one makes it and we sell the other 2 the academy has done well. By making it I mean being at least good enough to make the bench in a fully fit squad. Time will tell I suppose.

If one of Dobbins and Simms can make it and dare I say learn from DCLs experience it will be hugely satisfying.

If one makes it as a 15+ a year premier league standard it'll be a lottery win.

If both make it it'll confirm the simulation theory.

Dobbin has an outside chance of making it here I think but there are still vast chasms in his game that need worked on. If he keeps improving he will get more chances. Over the course of this season he needs to go from being an u23 whose called up in an emergency to a player that the manager would consider having on the bench with everyone fit. In a fully fit squad there are usually 3 attackers on the bench so he is competing with Rondon, Iwobi, Gordon, Tosun and Simms. At the moment he would probably be 6th choice but it doesn't take too much imagination to see him jumping above Tosun. I'm my opinion he has a better all round game than Simms but probably not quite as deadly in front of goal. Then it's a case of getting ahead of one of Gordon another relatively inexperienced youngster, Rondon who is unfit and passed his best or Iwobi who generally just flatters to deceive. If he could make it he would save us a fortune. Hopefully over his injury woes and can start making an impact.

is he injured?
As above. Substituted on 70 mins . Tom Cannon and Charlie Whitaker outscoring Dobbin at U23s , both scored yesterday. Dobbin has the pace and is more skilful than either of those two and I’m sure that comes out in 1st team training , but he’s not looking outstanding at U23s and needs to score more goals at that level. Only 18 , plenty of time to kick on.

As above. Substituted on 70 mins . Tom Cannon and Charlie Whitaker outscoring Dobbin at U23s , both scored yesterday. Dobbin has the pace and is more skilful than either of those two and I’m sure that comes out in 1st team training , but he’s not looking outstanding at U23s and needs to score more goals at that level. Only 18 , plenty of time to kick on.
Think his contact is nearly up.
We will have to make a decision on him sharpish.

Status
Not open for further replies.