Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more about the message it will send. Other young players will then try to hold the club to ransom.

I think were really cutting our nose off to spite our face with Dobbin (and previously Small).

Either we want to keep them (which is why were offering contracts) in which case we see them as being valuable squad players...or we dont -- then why offer a contract at all?

Tosun (leaving) and Rondon would be his competition in the squad so at worst hes 3rd choice competing with a new summer signing. If played deeper or wider his competition is Richarlison, Gray and Gordon where he would offer a rotation option.

For me, it seems totally insane not to give him a 3 year deal with an option for a 4th.

I think were really cutting our nose off to spite our face with Dobbin (and previously Small).

Either we want to keep them (which is why were offering contracts) in which case we see them as being valuable squad players...or we dont -- then why offer a contract at all?

Tosun (leaving) and Rondon would be his competition in the squad so at worst hes 3rd choice competing with a new summer signing. If played deeper or wider his competition is Richarlison, Gray and Gordon where he would offer a rotation option.

For me, it seems totally insane not to give him a 3 year deal with an option for a 4th.
Yeah the holding the club to ransom holds absolutely no weight considering theyre only asking for the going rate for top class players. There's also nothing to suggest that Dobbin is leaving over money more that we keep making signings reducing his chances. If we never signed Rondon and possibly townsend he would've re-signed by now. Not to mention we snubbed him in pre-season. The club is crap at courting youngsters (something something 10)

Yeah the holding the club to ransom holds absolutely no weight considering theyre only asking for the going rate for top class players. There's also nothing to suggest that Dobbin is leaving over money more that we keep making signings reducing his chances. If we never signed Rondon and possibly townsend he would've re-signed by now. Not to mention we snubbed him in pre-season. The club is crap at courting youngsters (something something 10)

If we gave him a 2.5 year deal on even £40k a week that costs us £5.2mil in wages.

For someone who has pace and doesnt look out of place I think thats reasonable.

He may even want less.

Please be correct bobbs lad.

Get him playing now Everton, and we can consign Benitezs parting gift rondon to the skip where he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.