Lescott, Owen and Obinna

Status
Not open for further replies.
But 15m is only the opening offer....surely to god we wouldn't snatch their hand off at the first offer. I can see some serious bargaining being done.
If I were Moyes and they came with an offer of £15M, I'd simple reply that they had to switch places between the 1 and the 5 for it to be even worth considering.:dodgy:

Lescott options....

Unless Moyes is unwilling to accept any offer regardless of the size, he has to have his contingency plans baking. Has there been any credible or even remotely credible link to Lescott replacements? We can't go very long without solid back-fill. Our poor start to the last campaign can be pointed at a back 4 that was not working effectively together, in my opinion. They were not ready as a unit.

The only longer term replacement link I have seen is Ignashevich from CSK. Something in that early link makes me think that Moyes put the feelers out as a "just-in-case Lescott goes, we're gonna have some cash and we are interested" proposal.

Other longer-term options? I saw this quote in an Adebayor article on what Arsenal could do with their potential Citeh money.
"Another option is Borussia Dortmund defender Neven Subotic, a 6'4" 20-year-old who has a price-tag of around £10 million. He would be a credible defensive option, and has previously been linked with both Arsenal and Chelsea." Whether that's agent talk through a rag or a real option I don't know.

What other options would you propose for DM?

So you all seem to think if we sell lescott we can go out and sign another CB, Oh yeh, it works just like that.

Where are we going to find a CB as good as Lescott? Any club out there will hold out for all the money we got for Lescott. Dream on.

I did not say you did or quote you, I was giving my opinion.

Doing transfers the "Everton Way" means we might get a replacement by mid August.

Or we could try Mophead at CB!

I actually happen to agree with you. Even if we get 25 mil or whatever for Lescott, it's gonna damn difficult to replace him. Even if we did happen to find someone new that we deemed suitable, they may not settle in or may end up not liking it here or may even just not turn out to be as good as we hoped. Right now we've got an England international at centre back who does like it here and is very good in his role. I think we should do everything we can to keep him. The problem comes if Lescott says he wants to go.

What about Upson at West Ham? Could he be an option?

There's a few people who would be an option but it's a question of whether teams want to sell, how much they would be willing to sell for and whether the players in question want to move. I can't see West Ham wanting to sell Upson.

£15mill is going to be slapped back into their mugs -

BBC SPORT | Football | Premier League | Everton to dismiss Lescott offer

Everton will dismiss a £15m offer from Manchester City for Joleon Lescott.

City are understood to have tabled the bid for the 26-year-old defender as they hope to pair him with England and Chelsea captain John Terry.

But Everton will back up manager David Moyes' insistence that he will not sell his high-profile players by rejecting any offer out of hand.

And it may be down to Lescott to force the issue if he wishes to join City's other expensive summer signings.

Moyes assured shareholders at a forum at Goodison Park on Wednesday that none of his players are for sale.

He said: "I have already said there will be no players sold at Everton and I do not feel I need to say any more.

"The board have never sold a player from me, it will only be at my discretion. I said it at the end of the season and I do not need to say any more."

Chairman Bill Kenwright supported his manager, adding: "There is no pressure on David to sell anyone. Any decisions are his and his alone."

£15mill is going to be slapped back into their mugs -

BBC SPORT | Football | Premier League | Everton to dismiss Lescott offer

Everton will dismiss a £15m offer from Manchester City for Joleon Lescott.

City are understood to have tabled the bid for the 26-year-old defender as they hope to pair him with England and Chelsea captain John Terry.

But Everton will back up manager David Moyes' insistence that he will not sell his high-profile players by rejecting any offer out of hand.

And it may be down to Lescott to force the issue if he wishes to join City's other expensive summer signings.

Moyes assured shareholders at a forum at Goodison Park on Wednesday that none of his players are for sale.

He said: "I have already said there will be no players sold at Everton and I do not feel I need to say any more.

"The board have never sold a player from me, it will only be at my discretion. I said it at the end of the season and I do not need to say any more."

Chairman Bill Kenwright supported his manager, adding: "There is no pressure on David to sell anyone. Any decisions are his and his alone."

Bill (MBE), hes cleverer then people make out!

Status
Not open for further replies.