Lescott, Owen and Obinna

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money they have, £20m and Richards please. Maybe even Michael Johnson.

OR, £20m and Wright-Phillips.

Wouldn't budge unless if was an offer like that - no matter how much Lescott causes a stink.

De Jong set the benchmark...

£16m to have a player a few months early. I think £20m isn't much to ask then for a England International from a rival Premiership club.

Wasn't that De Jong thing untrue? I'm sure it was bullshit.

Anyway, it depends how desperate they are, but I really don't see us getting over the £20m mark unless it is a cash + player thing and we say that the player that comes is valued at X amount.

The Jo + £14m sounded decent to me.

oyes should (and will) flat out back-hand that amount of money back to Citeh. Especially after banging on about no one is for sale.

I'm expecting that price to jump up...or Citeh to pull out.

How come when this happens -

1200 BST: Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill insists Ashley Young is going nowhere, despite the recent signing of Stewart Downing for £12m from Middlesbrough. Full story: AVTV

You get the feeling that ONeil means it and Young aint going anywhere.

But the minutes Moyes says it, we all skeptical...I know I am, but still its not a nice feeling.

Will be intresting if he is in the squad tomorow, if we reject this out of sight, he should be on the plain to America on Monday.

Weekend should tell us a lot, not enamoured at all by 15 mill.

Young will deffo move this summer i think

Chelsea or Man Utd

Dont think he will. Yes, they've bought Downing but for a Villa team about pace Downing aint got pace and he's also not going to be fit till November or something.

Chelsea dont have any (or much) money IMO and wont be making £25mill bid for players - its all paper talk.

United have plenty of wingers now and will bag a massive name, they have to really. Who? I dont know.

Will be intresting if he is in the squad tomorow, if we reject this out of sight, he should be on the plain to America on Monday.

Weekend should tell us a lot, not enamoured at all by 15 mill.

I'm 100% certain £15mill will and should be rejected because Moyes will look like a tit if it gets accepted.

Robbo's blog on the BBC was amusing. This was very much spot on -

Prepare yourselves, boys and girls, for a lot of nods and winks towards the official line. You know the sort of thing:

a. It's not about the money, it's about a fresh challenge;
b. The manager and the board convinced me about the vision at Manchester City;
c. The (previous) club didn't do enough to keep me. (That's my personal favourite)

Of course (c) has an awful lot to do with what is inherent in (a). By not enough, a player, or at least his agent, usually means that the club couldn't cough up the sort of wages that the Abu Dhabi blokes can.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.