Lescott on his dream move...to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, if I was him I would have handed a transfer request and kicked off big time to go to City at the first opportunity.

Just like I would hand in my notice if another company offered me 3x my current wages.

Just stop right there.

That's waaaaaay too sensible a post to be associated with Grand Old Team.

I ask that you cease and desist from all future sensible commentary or you'll be receiving an infraction from yours truly.

He could use this bit in his City press conference aswell:

"There was a point a couple of weeks ago where I was a bit frustrated it didn't happen as quickly as I would have liked but it has happened now and that is the main thing."

To be honest, if I was him I would have handed a transfer request and kicked off big time to go to City at the first opportunity.

Just like I would hand in my notice if another company offered me 3x my current wages.

And that's precisely what I blame him the most for. If he had done that, this matter woul've been resolved a lot earlier, thus meaning we would have had more time to sort incoming transfers out. For wanting to triple his wages, nobody can really blame him.

And that's precisely what I blame him the most for. If he had done that, this matter woul've been resolved a lot earlier, thus meaning we would have had more time to sort incoming transfers out. For wanting to triple his wages, nobody can really blame him.

I don't blame him for wanting to double or triple his wages but I can't help feeling that seeing as he was on, say, £35k a week, it's not really the same as someone jumping ship when he's earning £500 a week. The fact is, staying at Everton would have set him up for life. He's already fantastically wealthy, and that wealth would have increased at Everton. He would have been raking in not far off £2m a year here. If he'd stayed for a further 6 years, that's £12m. Add to that whatever little sponsership or advertising deal he can bag, and we're probably up nearer £15m. Then add the previous 3 years earnings, which probably amount to, say, £4m (he earned less) and we're up on £19m. Okay, so he pays about £9m of that in tax, which leaves him £10m for his time at Everton.

Is that enough? It would be for me, I think. But then I suppose I'm not interested in buying some of the things Lescott feels compelled to purchase.

And at City he will earn £20m.

£10m or £20, im sure it was a hard choice, as I say, like most its only the timing I blame him for. If he had been a man and said when the season finished that he was off, it would have been ok in my eyes.

£10m or £20, im sure it was a hard choice, as I say, like most its only the timing I blame him for. If he had been a man and said when the season finished that he was off, it would have been ok in my eyes.

£10m please

tell you what these lads are quick on bluemoon

View topic - Guaranteed new Lescott song! - Manchester City Forum - Bluemoon-MCFC

quote:
With our imaginative songwriting talent, I may as well introduce the new Lescott song which will definitely be sung against Palace.

There's only 1 Joleon Lescott,
1 Joleon Lescott,
Walking along, singing a song,
Walking in a Lescott wonderland

Surely this will be sung. Hopefully we can muster up some better ones.

Quote: Your a natural.....Great song pal!!!!!!!!

such talent in the songwriting area.

£10m please

So your an Aston Villa supporter and somebody says to you, look you can stay here and earn £10m or you can move to a different Club and earn £20m.

Its not the most difficult choice anybody would make.

Loving everybody saying " But they already earn loads ". Well now he can buy 2 Ferraris and use 1 for going to Asda and 1 for buying beanie hats.

Look Craig, if you'd read my post I said £10m seemed adequate. Some people feel compelled to have as much as possible, while others seem more interested in having as much as they need. Lescott is in the first camp clearly.

Need and want, want and need. Different concepts. It's not insane or stupid to not have your head turned by riches that you don't actually need.

Love you x

the two situations aren't analogous though. i'm not sure what you're doing for a living but if you're like 99% of the world, I doubt its what you would consider to be any sort of a dream job.

athletes work in a completely different way. an ambitious worker wants to get promoted to earn money. an ambitious athlete should want to win trophies, not just make money.

there are plenty of school teachers with degrees (atleast in america) that would allow them to be college professors, and earn wayyyyy more money, but they choose not to because they are exactly where they want to believe.

if a team like arsenal had come in with a bid, i might have considered it, but lescott turned down a team playing in europe for one that isn't. a team that finished 5th for a team that finished lower half... that shows he's not an ambitious athlete, and i think enough athletes are out there that are ambitious that its fair to criticize him for choosing to go to the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.