Leon Osman

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were decimated for that game, missing Jags, Arteta, Yak, Anichebe and even the likes of Valente and Van der Meyde. If they'd have all been fit it's likely Neville would have started full back with Arteta in the middle and Yak and Anichebe would have given us much more up top. I think Moyes had to hold Vaughan back as there was no way Saha would play the full 90. It's a shame that our best chance for silverwear in the last 20 years was ruined by several long term injuries.
If we'd had a fully fit squad we'd have won that day.

tenor.gif
you need to cut your grass mate

I think there is an element of both points, certain players like Howard and Distin had rapid declines. Partly I'd imagine down to age and partly down to not being able to play the style Martinez wanted. Without truning this into a Martinez discussion one of his biggest failures was that he failed to get rid and replace players who could fit into his style and formation quick enough. Contrast this with Koeman who has given a number of players 6 months or so before shipping them out when they were unable to adapt.
In fairness the resources of Moshiri make this a little easier for Koeman to do, I agree with the point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.