Leon Osman

Status
Not open for further replies.
My post over simplified what he said mate. The point he made was that Howard was very confident in his handling, but much less confident with his footwork. RM was instructing Howard to use his feet more and to play the ball out from the back rather than kick it long, which according to Osman, put him well outside his comfort zone. This led to an issue with confidence which ultimately spread to his all round game, including his handling which previously had been fine.

I think Howard was a good goalkeeper for us for most of his spell at Everton. His demise coincided with Martinez becoming manager and by the end he was a complete liability. This fit's with what Osman said this morning and I'm inclined to believe his take on it.

Fair enough, the problem with this though is he was on the decline when Moyes was still there. I wanted Mucha to be starting over him for example and I wasn't even saying Mucha was good.

Fair enough, the problem with this though is he was on the decline when Moyes was still there. I wanted Mucha to be starting over him for example and I wasn't even saying Mucha was good.
Maybe you're right mate and it just suits my agenda to put the blame at RMs door. Somebody else responded to that post saying I was talking through my ass because Howards form was good during RMs first season. So that's two people disagreeing with me for completely polarised reasons. Just goes to prove this game's all about opinions.

I think there is an element of both points, certain players like Howard and Distin had rapid declines. Partly I'd imagine down to age and partly down to not being able to play the style Martinez wanted. Without truning this into a Martinez discussion one of his biggest failures was that he failed to get rid and replace players who could fit into his style and formation quick enough. Contrast this with Koeman who has given a number of players 6 months or so before shipping them out when they were unable to adapt.

I think there is an element of both points, certain players like Howard and Distin had rapid declines. Partly I'd imagine down to age and partly down to not being able to play the style Martinez wanted. Without truning this into a Martinez discussion one of his biggest failures was that he failed to get rid and replace players who could fit into his style and formation quick enough. Contrast this with Koeman who has given a number of players 6 months or so before shipping them out when they were unable to adapt.

Dont forget that Martinez spent most of his money on Lukaku as well as he wasnt left with any strikers at the club.

Real strikers that is. Not Anichebe and a completely finished Jelavic.

His performance against Chelsea in the FA Cup final should have been his last for the club.

He and Hibbert should have been thrown out of the club that night, never to return. Pair of them were simply disgraceful yet Osman has the nerve to blame the heat whenever he talks about it. Have never forgiven the man for that day, one of the worst performances in a cup final I can remember of any player for any team.

After hearing what Carragher had to say about our mentally weak derby day antics, I immediately thought of this kopite GRASS. Can imagine him being more interested in being mates with all them lot like Slippy and Aldo than about winning the game.

SELL

they all hang with each other

article-0-0BCCE18100000578-187_634x363.jpg

Just stick the boot in a bit more you horrible little pathetic kopite GRASS.

Absolutely shameful comments about a player who is one millions better already than he ever was. Jealousy is a horrible thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.