Leighton Baines new Coach!

malcson

Player Valuation: £8m
Sometimes it’s about finding the role you’re most suited to. Loads of assistant managers/coaches who are brilliant in that role but not first team managers e.g. Alan Irving, Brian Kidd, Steve Round etc. Why can’t it be true for finding a niche at youth level?

neilsyd

Player Valuation: £5m
Really poor culture at the club of ex players being given handouts. Just never out their comfort zone. Same journey to finch farm, same meals, same faces. Never challenging themselves. Just stinks of mediocrity. How about getting proven, experienced in the role candidates in? What was the interview process? Maybe even someone who had actually performed the role successfully? Na. Just give it to bainesy because he was a decent full back.

neilsyd

Offered alot of advice to younger players when he was playing, will be a great coach was a top professional on and off the pitch
Please define top pro? Basically anyone who’s not in the papers for the wrong reasons. So 95% of players. Hate that phrase, so overused and such an empty statement. Great player but seemed a bit of a wet lettuce to me.

neilsyd

Its not Baines fault. It’s just the stench of comfortability around the club. We all know, I’m sure as employees at some point, the challenge of starting new jobs. New faces, proving yourself in your new role. Our players just go into the same work place, same meal, same convo with the dinner lady and the kitmen. It’s just not challenging and anyone in any walk of life should want to better/challenge themselves and this doesn’t look anything like that to me.

mikel_88

Player Valuation: £8m
All
Its not Baines fault. It’s just the stench of comfortability around the club. We all know, I’m sure as employees at some point, the challenge of starting new jobs. New faces, proving yourself in your new role. Our players just go into the same work place, same meal, same convo with the dinner lady and the kitmen. It’s just not challenging and anyone in any walk of life should want to better/challenge themselves and this doesn’t look anything like that to me.
All have different views i think he will do a good job

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks