Leighton Baines new Coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it odd that Baines turned down the offer of another year.

I understood the point about him wanting to move on in life, and it was aligned with what he said over the years about moving away from football when he finishes...

To turn down a year at the club to be around as a coach?

Just feels a bit odd to me.
He's 35 and never a fan of all that training anyway.
He's already earned his money slogging his guts out when he'd rather be out drinking with his mates at gigs. Probably felt an extra years elite level physical training wasn't worth the bother to see in he could make it onto the bench each week.

Academy job, easy way out.
He can pass on his knowledge to the kids by day and enjoy a few pints while pretending to be an extra from Quadrophenia the evenings.

Joel Waldron moves from his position as Academy Director to become the Academy’s Chief Operating Officer and will continue to manage the operations relating to the Academy at USM Finch Farm.
Didn't we recruit derbys academy director this year or is that another separate position

Social manager Baines to oversee the club Development Pathway - getting into the heads of younger squad players and giving them a winning mentality.

Ha Ha Ha.

Utterly tragic.

How much is he getting for that?

Baines Davek .jpg

Social manager Baines to oversee the club Development Pathway - getting into the heads of younger squad players and giving them a winning mentality.

Ha Ha Ha.

Utterly tragic.

How much is he getting for that?

....you’ll be delighted to know he’s getting slightly less than his previous contract.

I found it odd that Baines turned down the offer of another year.

I understood the point about him wanting to move on in life, and it was aligned with what he said over the years about moving away from football when he finishes...

To turn down a year at the club to be around as a coach?

Just feels a bit odd to me.
He didn’t want to be sat on the bench all season. This gives him purpose rather than filling time. He will also not be on as much money do shows he’s doing something he cares about rather than lining his pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.