Leighton Baines new Coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno - I don't necessarily think that he will or won't given I've got absolutely no idea. I don't know the guy, don't train with him, never go to Finch Farm and have no idea what's going on there. In fact I don't even know who the good or bad coaches are out of the list you put up earlier...again, same reasons.

I've never even spent a day training at a professional football club Dave. It'd be ludricous for me to think that I know anything about who is or isn't worth having as a coach.

But I do know that it's a fact that some very unremarkable players have gone on to have some very remarkable coaching careers.

So given that personal dislike and an abhorrence for former Everton players of a certain era could be seen as an irrational viewpoint what makes you think you know who the good and bad coaches are at Everton?

I ask because you seem to have some strong opinions on Ancelotti's various options for cone laying.
Maybe a better way forward, instead of employing ex players who we have no idea are any good at what they're hired to do (but usually fail), we should employ good proven coaches from elsewhere?

Maybe a better way forward, instead of employing ex players who we have no idea are any good at what they're hired to do (but usually fail), we should employ good proven coaches from elsewhere?

Good proven coaches don't want to take up roles helping academy players transition to the higher levels. Good proven coaches are looking for first team coaching opportunities.

Ancelotti has his own ideas of who he wants in those first team roles. His son, his son-in-law, and his long term friends' son - all given their first roles in football by Ancelotti at some of the biggest clubs in Europe despite having no experience or footballing credentials.

Maybe if you want to throw uninformed allegations of cronyism you can start there with the added bonus of nepotism. It has been highlighted at other clubs when things have started to go wrong by both the press and his players.

Or does what is good enough for one of the games greatest managers fall short of what is good enough for the U18's?

Good proven coaches don't want to take up roles helping academy players transition to the higher levels. Good proven coaches are looking for first team coaching opportunities.

Ancelotti has his own ideas of who he wants in those first team roles. His son, his son-in-law, and his long term friends' son - all given their first roles in football by Ancelotti at some of the biggest clubs in Europe despite having no experience or footballing credentials.

Maybe if you want to throw uninformed allegations of cronyism you can start there with the added bonus of nepotism. It has been highlighted at other clubs when things have started to go wrong by both the press and his players.

Or does what is good enough for one of the games greatest managers fall short of what is good enough for the U18's?

Ancelotti will have ric=h contacts around Europe on who the best youth development coaches are; are we supposed to believe that Baines and Jeffers and Unsworth are keeping that type of quality out of a job here?

Face it, that lot are part and parcel of an old boys network that has contributed to the regression of Everton for the past 2 decades.

Ancelotti will have ric=h contacts around Europe on who the best youth development coaches are; are we supposed to believe that Baines and Jeffers and Unsworth are keeping that type of quality out of a job here?

Face it, that lot are part and parcel of an old boys network that has contributed to the regression of Everton for the past 2 decades.

When and where has Ancelotti shown the slightest interest in restructuring the youth network at any club he's been at? There's not a massive amount of evidence that he concentrates on much aside from the affairs of the first-team and it seems he leaves the running of other teams to the club.

And why did he go to his son, his friends son and his son-in-law for first team positions if his rich contact book is full of the best out there? Not knocking his set-up as he undoubtedly knows better than me but that approach seems contrary to what you believe he should be doing.

When and where has Ancelotti shown the slightest interest in restructuring the youth network at any club he's been at? There's not a massive amount of evidence that he concentrates on much aside from the affairs of the first-team and it seems he leaves the running of other teams to the club.

And why did he go to his son, his friends son and his son-in-law for first team positions if his rich contact book is full of the best out there? Not knocking his set-up as he undoubtedly knows better than me but that approach seems contrary to what you believe he should be doing.
You're wasting your time mate, not worth the effort.

I see he bottled responding to this. What a surprise.

Training-01.10.20-029.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.