Match Thread Leicester City v Everton (Wednesday 16 December 18:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evertonian since I was a little boy and I still think it was a penalty. Ball didn't move even a tiny bit on Gomes 'touch', only angle that made it look like he got a toe on it was the one they showed on the VAR monitor. Very clumsy from Gomes either way and certainly wasn't obvious he got the ball. The whole idea of VAR is to overturn clear and obvious errors by the referee of which that wasn't.

We got lucky IMO, if it showed the other angles I think it might have stayed a penalty.
Yes but the ref Mr Lee Mason esq was in charge, the best ref in the premier league.

Glad we beat Leicester, they are a overrated team with a way over rated manager.

Rodgers failed to win the league with Suarez/Gerrard and Stirling. Took Leicester from a guaranteed top 3 finish to 6th in 9 games.

They have okay players like Vardy and Maddison but as shown by us/Fulham and West Ham you can easily nullify Vardy by playing deeper. The fact they are getting talked up as league contenders is baffling.

Great performance by the lads, totally controlled the game and nullified there main threats

I called it not being a pen straight away. Most importantly Gomes didn't get any of Perez, so the likes of Neville, saying it was pen because he only got a slight nick on the ball, are chatting complete wham.
I've just seen Brenda's press conference where he claimed that he "heard the contact from the touchline" lollol. It looked to me like a dive by Perez, and if Mason was willing to overturn his decision that proves it wasn't a penalty ;).

Against the current Top 6 sides apart from ourselves we have now taken 10 points from our 5 games. We are as good as any side in this league when we play up to our level.

Could I make a couple of suggestions for the subsequent polls:
1. Include the manager, 'cos the tactics were spot on,and
2. Have a "none of the above" option for games where we don't turn up ( you all know the ones)

last night was one where Carlo deserved the plaudits imo
1. No.
2. No
Reasons: The polls are for players and culminate in Player of the Month and eventually a Player of the Season as voted for by the fans.
The manager designs the tactical plans, it's the players who implement said plans.
And having a 'none of the above' is just a waste of time... if you want to call any of the players a waste of space, do so in the thread.

No having Prime anymore I was looking forward to watching the Leicester game extended highlights on the Everton Club site. Nothing doing, I click on the video arrow and nothing happens Have they changed the system for signing in?

No having Prime anymore I was looking forward to watching the Leicester game extended highlights on the Everton Club site. Nothing doing, I click on the video arrow and nothing happens Have they changed the system for signing in?
10 or so min highlights are there at midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.