Match Thread Leeds United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be delighted with a draw but fear a big defeat if the gutless players among us abdicate their responsibilities again. They will score for certain so we somehow have to match them. I can't see it. This is one of those games I will record and either watch later or delete.

I was an advocate of bringing the full backs in on saturday but we have to go back to 'the wall' main reason being we need some bite and snark in this team and Godfrey and Holgate provide that.

I'd bring Davies in for Sigurddson put stick with Iwobi out wide

Lot of people talking about rarely wining at Leeds...

I think part of that may be that they were relegated about 20 years ago so we’ve barely played there in the modern premier league era!

I tend to view these records as meaningless... except how we never seem to beat the RS anymore, that’s a satanic deal

Will be delighted with a draw but fear a big defeat if the gutless players among us abdicate their responsibilities again. They will score for certain so we somehow have to match them. I can't see it. This is one of those games I will record and either watch later or delete.

Must have a win for me. But down to team Carlo selects, please no Coleman, Siggy or Davies.

Where we kept clean sheets against chelsea, leicester away and sheff utd, holgate and godfrey were our LB and RB. Should have also been a clean sheet against leicester recently but for a certain halfwit.
Coleman offers nothing going forward anymore holgate is solid. Godfrey on the left is a better defensive player than digne but is pants going forward. Id say drop richarlison for digne in the LW position see how he does cant get any worse than rich has been in the past few weeks.

Where we kept clean sheets against chelsea, leicester away and sheff utd, holgate and godfrey were our LB and RB. Should have also been a clean sheet against leicester recently but for a certain halfwit.
Coleman offers nothing going forward anymore holgate is solid. Godfrey on the left is a better defensive player than digne but is pants going forward. Id say drop richarlison for digne in the LW position see how he does cant get any worse than rich has been in the past few weeks.
Agree I think he needs to go back to that back 4 and stick with it . Digne left mid for me.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH LEEDS P/C

Carlo on King​

I think he's the right profile that we needed. The fact that we let Tosun go to Turkey, we let Anthony to have experience,
we needed a profile for the position in front. We were looking at him in the summer

Carlo on Newcastle Game​

We were disappointed about the defeat against Newcastle, we have another opportunity tomorrow. But we have to show a different attitude and spirit.
The players know how to behave in the Premier League. They did really well. I cannot forget we had a fantastic run & we have to be back with our spirit, our attitude. This is the key to having success

King in a front three​

I think they [King, Richarlison and DCL] can play all together. The fact that he can cover all the positions in the front is helpful for us.
The squad is quite complete in this moment, I am satisfied.

Injury update​

Delph is back, Allan not yet, Gbamin not yet and we also have Pickford out with a side injury. He will not be available for the game but I hope for Saturday he will be available.

On Bernard​

I think he had talks with another club but they didn't reach a deal. I am happy to have him back. He shows a good attitude in training.
he is a professional & I hope to give him in the next few months more minutes to play

More on Newcastle defeat​

They were better than us in the fighting spirit, the attitude & we thought that with only the quality that we could win the game. It's a good lesson.
You have to support the quality with an attitude & spirit we had against Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves, Sheff Utd

On table and games in hand:​

We look at the table but not too much. The position is not bad. We did really well away, we could do better at home.
We want to be there until the end of the season fighting for the European positions

On Leeds​

Leeds United is in a good position, always entertaining games. They play with a lot of intensity. Of course it will be difficult.
They beat us at Goodison Park. It will be a game with a lot of intensity & unpredictable

Carlo On Away Form​

This is the explanation. How important are the supporters? This is the clear explanation. There are unpredictable results, the only reason is because the home team doesn't have the support, We won two games at home with 2,000 supporters against Chelsea & Arsenal, I think for us means something

More on King from Carlo​

We didn't sign him to have more goals. We signed him to have a powerful, fast player - not to score more goals. We signed him to have more options in front, with him we have more options. Of course we need goals, but we have players who can score goals.

Carlo on Fight for Champions League​

It remains a dream for us but I think that after the games against Leicester & Newcastle gave us the answer that we have to improve.
Without spirit, we cannot fight for the positions in Europe

Thinking behind loan moves​

We wanted to give the players the opportunity to have more minutes and improve their knowledge. They will be back in the summer and we'll see how they're going to play. They are players we have a lot of confidence in for the future

On Bielsa​

I met him only one time and it was not good for me, because we lost! I hope to equalise tomorrow

Carlo on Bamford​

Honestly I didn't know Bamford, he plays really well and is a really god striker. I didn't know him before, but I have to say he is a fantastic striker.
Maybe Dominic is more powerful, but in-game Bamford is really intelligent.

Carlo on Team Spirit​

Ancelotti says you cannot turn on team spirit like a light switch. He admits you have be focused before, during and after each game and that he's talked to his squad about this

Carlo on Kenny​

Ancelotti says he still sees the right-back's long term future at Everton

Multiple suggestions in the YT chat for the press conference that Gbamin doesn't actually exist - figment of a collective imagination lol

Pure kopites in there as well, it would never occur to me to watch a RS press conference, 'kin weirdos.
I was watching aswell. Chelsea and utd fans aswell. Would never occur to me to watch another teams press conference

I was watching aswell. Chelsea and utd fans aswell. Would never occur to me to watch another teams press conference
The only time might be if it was a team we were playing to find out about injuries etc, and then only maybe, there's easier ways to find stuff out. Certainly wouldn't feel the need to comment.
Imagine voluntarily listening to Klopps inane babble :Blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.