Match Thread Leeds United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On paper this is a nightmare, we are static & the press and create space all over the place. CA was caught badly last weekend assuming Newcastle would sit off & simply we couldnt cope with the press. Leeds will be a far far tougher game

You would hope for a bounce back; but not sure it will come.

I think Leeds have won more plaudits than they deserve this season but they certainly work hard and as a unit.

It concerns me as to many of our squad go to pieces under pressure or aggressive opponents.

The reverse fixture was pretty even despite us being poor. I expect we'll go defensive and try and nick a goal. More pace in the squad would make this tactic easier.

Could do with our attackers picking up form.

There is still the opportunity for us to achieve something this season, it's up to the player's though. Hopefully the stronger willed can do enough to carry the rest.

Too soon for Josh King to play tomorrow. Weird feeling but get the impression we'll sit back and frustate Leeds. Dead ball smash and grab!

Start in a 4-4-2. Keep things tight, look to nick something from a set piece. Bring on some pace (Digne, Richy) later in the game.

Olsen
Holgate Mina Keane (capt) Godfrey
Iwobi Doucoure Davies Bernard
Rodriguez DCL

Bench:

Pickford / Virginia
Coleman
Digne
Nkounkou
Besic ?
Gomes
Gylfi
Richarlison

We usually do well in games we're expect to lose - see the doom and gloom before the Chelsea match.

I just hope James is up for it. He wasn't very happy on Saturday and I'm still not happy with the lack of support he got from the club during and after the game.

Olsen
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Doucoure Davies Gomes
James DCL Richarlison

Pickford, Coleman, Holgate, Nkounkou, Bernard, Sigurdsson, Iwobi

We are doing better away than at goodison so I am slightly confident. Davies will come back in to free up Doucoures defensive responsibilities somewhat and i think that Gomes will be the 3rd midfielder. Toss up for right wing dependent on if Carlo thinks after all the battering's James took on Saturday a rest might help with United and Spurs in mind, as well as the fact against Leeds we need full commitment at both ends.

Olsen-Holgate-Mina-Keane-Godfrey-Davies-Gomes-Doucoure-Richarlison-Iwobi-Calvert Lewin
Subs: Pickford-Coleman-Digne-Gylfi-Bernard-Rodriguez-King??-Anyone else

On paper these will run rings around us. But we seem to pull out a result just when things are looking gloomy so I wouldn't be surprised if we sneak this 2-1.

Either way we absolutely have to see more than that utterly pathetic attempt on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.