Match Thread Leeds United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Port Elizabeth ... South Africa... don't even ask who all my class mates supported.. turned my back on the lot of them as soon as school was done! lol

edit: ps.. what happened when you were 13?
Okay I won't ask but then tell me how does someone living in South Africa becomes an Everton fan?

I watch my first world cup. It was 1990 and Colombia had not participated in a while so everyone was glued to the TV. I watch every single match, not just Colombia's, and then I was sold. I realized that I enjoy the game and watching footballers play it lol

Good performance tonight didnt fancy us at all.
Some really gritty performances out there, Godfrey, MOM , keeper did well , most of the others even the ones I normally moan about siggy and Gomes ,.
That pitch was a mistake waiting to happen .

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti to BT Sport

I’m pleased. The reaction after the Newcastle defeat was very good. We played very well in the second half. It was difficult. The goal was to have three points. We won through a really good first half.

Robin Olsen did well. He knows his role. He is confident. He’s an experienced goalkeeper."

On Dominic Calvert-Lewin scoring: “I’m happy because the team scored. It doesn’t matter who scored. I was really pleased with him - not because he scored - because he worked hard.

“Joshua King is going to complete the squad in front, he can play everywhere – front, right, centre.”

we need our injured centre halfs back. Two soft goals in first half gave you the game. I think we are safe and wont be so soft defending next season. Good game Roberts should have scored at the end.
You’re no doubt safe and likely top half. Love watching your side play, they love to express themselves and there’s five or six I’d take in a second. In a league with so many Burnleys and Fulhams we could use more Leedses.

'Reaction after defeat was very good'​

Leeds 1-2 Everton
3ffa07e7-6fd4-4d11-98ff-844af0294305.jpg

Everton
Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti to BT Sport: "I’m pleased. The reaction after the Newcastle defeat was very good. We played very well in the second half. It was difficult. The goal was to have three points. We won through a really good first half.
“Robin Olsen did well. He knows his role. He is confident. He’s an experienced goalkeeper."
On Dominic Calvert-Lewin scoring: “I’m happy because the team scored. It doesn’t matter who scored. I was really pleased with him - not because he scored - because he worked hard.
“Joshua King is going to complete the squad in front, he can play everywhere – front, right, centre.”

i did not enjoy that at all in the second half. Decided not to drink then realised why i have to drink,. Now cant drink watching us ever again (until we lose next). had to go and wash up with 15mins left and keep poking my head around the door to check the score. didnt realise i had anxiety issues

Status
Not open for further replies.