Match Thread Leeds United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to be playing Olsen, the back 4, then Docuoure and Gomes/Allan. Every time we bring in Pickford Coleman Davies or move Siggurdson deeper the performance is affected. We’ll get to a point where we’ll be back to one game a week soon and we should just ply the first team because that first choice back 5 with Olsen in goal makes us look so solid. Every time we change it we look weaker

Like if the ref had of looked at the stadium screen at the replay he could have then made an enquiry. Something really dodgey going on with VAR. So so ironic it was meant to take the controversy out of the game. Its amplified it by 100.
It's a great idea but sadly in the hands of morons. VAR ref should be calling him out on the clear and obvious error.

Godfrey MotM only one who turned up just after half time and was our best player tonight. Gomes had his best game in a while, Holgate and Mina sometimes let all there hard work go to waste with sill free kicks.

At times we rode our luck, but on the other hand we could’ve made much easier for ourselves. DCL slots that with 10 minutes left, or Holgate doesn’t make a pills of defending a ball into the box and we make life easier for ourselves. At the end of the day I thought it was a much improved performance on the weekend, not that it was a difficult thing to do granted, but that November aside, every time we’ve lost, we’ve bounced back from it.

Went with Godfrey motm, with an honourable mention to Doucoure who I thought battled brilliantly in midfield and must’ve won what felt like a few dozen tackles tonight, but I thought Godfrey was a brick wall at the back tonight, who alongside Mina, himself who I thought had a decent game bar a couple of moments here and there, but Godfrey made sure every ball near him was his and I could watch him shepherd a ball out of a goal kick all day, the amount of pressure that eases is something I think shouldn’t be underestimated.

Great 3 points. Up the Blues! Who are these commentators on postgame on BT3? Don't seem too bad. Brought up we should had a pen and were bigging up Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.