Lee Mason

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not that refs are inept, it’s that they’re corrupt. If they were inept then these things would break evenly over a long period of time. Instead it breaks the way of United Liverpool and Arsenal over and over again whilst other teams like City Spurs ourselves seem to be on the end of bad calls all the time.

Any armchair fan can see the right call when it’s slowed down for VAR. Most can call it in real time. So trained referees can’t? Of course they can, they just don’t want to because the game is corrupt.

Agree but they definitely are inept as well. They make just as many abysmal howlers in games like Bournemouth v Watford.

I don't think referees are corrupt. The ability of every referee and assistant past and present, as well as those in training and their assessors to keep the conspiracy under wraps goes against everything we know about anybody involved in officiating English football.

These people can't make an offside call correctly, am I supposed to believe that they can orchestrate the long term direction of the game through bent decision making?

The reason VAR is a shambles is because it's run by the same people who's ineptitude necessitated it's introduction in the first place. The reason "big" sides get decisions is the human mind's love of the status quo means a referee is thinking "Why?" rather than "why not?" when called upon to make a split second decision.

Like all of them he's poor + he seems to have an adgenda when it comes to us.

If FIFA - who are corrupt tossers, think VAR is broke well it must be - but we knew that.
No surprise that in the last World Cup...who had Reffs from more than a few 'vaguely heard of it but couldn't put my finger on it on a map to save my life' places - picked none from the Prem

The amount of shocking decisions from last night still astounds me. You’d think on the balance of things we’d get ONE in our favour but nothing.

Absolute travesty of an official. They all are to be fair.

If mason fell over and cracked his head open, the match would have to be suspended whilst groundsmen clean up the egg yolk.

First time I have seen that angle, absolutely unbelievable that any official seeing that would a) have given a penalty, b) not caution the Southampton player, c) issue a retrospective ban.
How many times now this season, have the Prem said we have been on the receiving end of dodgy decisions, compared to say the RS?

How those three refs (atkinson, moss and mason) are considered premier league level is an absolute joke. Saying that, the rest aren't much better. as dan walker tweeted, not only did the refs get all the penalty decisions wrong last night, but so did those operating var with the benefit of slow mo and 100 different angles. It's shameful these idiots are in control of games.
And that's exactly why VAR is even worse than the in field referees... they can literally dictate everything in a game and create make believe fouls, have players sent off if they fancy it. It can't be a coincidence that United are in danger of missing out on the Champions League and they end up getting a penalty every other game this season. It's all absolutely pathetic but nobody can do anything about it. If only we were one of the clubs benefiting from it, but instead we get players like Niasse sent off for being fouled, etc.

Now that the Premier League has confirmed that both the on-field decision and VAR review were both incorrect, can they please hand James Ward-Prowse a three game ban for diving.

Oh wait, I forgot. You need to play in a blue shirt to get one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.