Lee Mason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently attended the liverpool institute of higher education between 1990 & 1993.
Surely thats an afiliation with the city?
Mike Dean vibes going on here

I wouldn't say that refs and VAR are corrupt because that implies they are receiving payments or something for decisions being made. They are though inept at refereeing and those running VAR are unwilling, as someone said earlier, to change decisions so they don't make their other ref mates look bad. If anything needs to change its that those enforcing VAR need to be a completely different set of people than those who ref the actual game hence removing the fear of upsetting and making my ref mates look bad.

Just a quick look through Lee Masons previous games in the last 3-4 seasons. Despite being an experienced referee he never gets appointed to any big games which tells you all you need to know.

I wouldn't say that refs and VAR are corrupt because that implies they are receiving payments or something for decisions being made. They are though inept at refereeing and those running VAR are unwilling, as someone said earlier, to change decisions so they don't make their other ref mates look bad. If anything needs to change its that those enforcing VAR need to be a completely different set of people than those who ref the actual game hence removing the fear of upsetting and making my ref mates look bad.
I would definitely say corrupt. VAR was supposed to make the game fairer by removing decisions made by the referee that were clearly wrong. That hasn't happened and we now see it either go off to a remote site where wrong decisions continue to be made or they bizarrely choose not to use it for the decision at all. The teams who have benefited from the wrong decisions are the usual suspects. (I'm not going to say number of decisions, as you could argue the more successful teams get more penalties, goals etc).

I would definitely say corrupt. VAR was supposed to make the game fairer by removing decisions made by the referee that were clearly wrong. That hasn't happened and we now see it either go off to a remote site where wrong decisions continue to be made or they bizarrely choose not to use it for the decision at all. The teams who have benefited from the wrong decisions are the usual suspects. (I'm not going to say number of decisions, as you could argue the more successful teams get more penalties, goals etc).
I really think that corrupt is too strong a suggestion. I really honestly think its down to everybody's in one big boys club and they pat each other on the back and look after their own added to complete and utter incompetence. If there was corruption there is no way with the number of people that would have to be involved that no evidence had yet been found. Only my opinion of course but having the same bunch of refs overseeing the same bunch of refs is a recipe for disaster a bit like the press having a press complaints body made up of the press it just doesn't work.

I really think that corrupt is too strong a suggestion. I really honestly think its down to everybody's in one big boys club and they pat each other on the back and look after their own added to complete and utter incompetence. If there was corruption there is no way with the number of people that would have to be involved that no evidence had yet been found. Only my opinion of course but having the same bunch of refs overseeing the same bunch of refs is a recipe for disaster a bit like the press having a press complaints body made up of the press it just doesn't work.
All the top European leagues have had high profile corruption cases, except England... Not even a sniff. Now, that could be because our league is honest, but I personally think it is more likely that it is covered up, due to the amount of money involved.

Just a quick look through Lee Masons previous games in the last 3-4 seasons. Despite being an experienced referee he never gets appointed to any big games which tells you all you need to know.

Michael Oliver seems to get a fair few big games. Dont get me wrong he isn't mistake-free but to me tends to do okay.

I remember he gave us a pen at Burnley for a handball (and it was a handball) that nobody saw. This was before VAR.

Apparently attended the liverpool institute of higher education between 1990 & 1993.
Surely thats an afiliation with the city?
Mike Dean vibes going on here
Clutching at straws here mate. Simply because he came to the city for an education doesn't automatically transfer any footballing allegiances.

In reality, he's just an incompetent referee as it is without trying to blame it on other things. He may have an issue with Everton* etc., but so could must referees.

The real issue is the abysmal standard of refereeing that we have and the closed shop PGMOL who facilitate their incompetence without any real accountability.

I saw the Sakho 'handball' last night and just laughed because I've gone beyond being surprised by it. No football fan in the world would say that was handball.

*replace Everton with any team.

We’ve been told to stop swearing on grandoldteam so I can’t say too much about him, wouldn’t mind betting though that his mother wasn’t married!!

Refs need to be a lot stronger against the top teams & not be in awe of them...

Klopp gets away with daylight robbery is always in the 3rd officials ear constantly throughout the game, & then confronts the ref after every game when things don't go his way...

He is never disciplined & continues to intimidate our refs & officials all the time...

Henderson constantly does the same throughout the game...

No other team or club would get away with it...

Refs need to be a lot stronger against the top teams & not be in awe of them...

Klopp gets away with daylight robbery is always in the 3rd officials ear constantly throughout the game, & then confronts the ref after every game when things don't go his way...

He is never disciplined & continues to intimidate our refs & officials all the time...

Henderson constantly does the same throughout the game...

No other team or club would get away with it...

United do.

It's all the 'top clubs'

United do.

It's all the 'top clubs'

Yes your right but Klopp takes it to another level....

I can see a penalty coming in the next Liverpool game...

Can't stand the man & it's so difficult to get decisions against them, they rarely booked & get soft decisions all the time...

Lee Mason and Jon Moss are hands down the two most incompetent refs in the league.

Don't even think theyre biased theyre just shockingly bad, and not just against Everton, every game I watch them in they make a howler

Clutching at straws here mate. Simply because he came to the city for an education doesn't automatically transfer any footballing allegiances.

In reality, he's just an incompetent referee as it is without trying to blame it on other things. He may have an issue with Everton* etc., but so could must referees.

The real issue is the abysmal standard of refereeing that we have and the closed shop PGMOL who facilitate their incompetence without any real accountability.

I saw the Sakho 'handball' last night and just laughed because I've gone beyond being surprised by it. No football fan in the world would say that was handball.

*replace Everton with any team.
I think Lee Mason being a fat knobhead is more of an indication that he is a kopite than attending the liverpool institute of Higher education.

Status
Not open for further replies.