Leadership (consoling Son) Poll

What should Coleman have done?

• Make every effort to console Son

• Focused on his own teammate and club

• Stay quiet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what is fuelling a lot of the anger,the feeling that Son has been the victim and Gomes is some how responsible for it

Of course and that's understandable.

Its not in any way Coleman's fault though. He did the right thing, Spurs (and the media) are the ones who have took the pee regarding the situation so any flack should be focused purely on them and not on one of the only genuinely likable and decent people in football.

Just come out and confess your unholy love for Son why don't you.

Only fire can bring about the cleansing.

My modest proposal for a Wicker Man on Finch Farm stuffed with all the weaklings will sort this club's issues out including any issues around the wage bill and FFP. Not to mention the harvest upside for any farmers who participate.

Sod that, play the Wicker Man up front.

The Royal family get a fair amount of stick on here but you have to say they've done the right thing here after the weekends events.

Feel like the poll options are illogically strict.

Does it say anywhere Coleman went to chat to Son but completely ignored Andre on the pitch and then never visited him in the hospital after the operation? I believe not.

Hmmmm, hard to choose.

I thought he did both to be fair.

If you want me to give the answer that you want to hear, perhaps you should change the poll to:

1: Focused on his own teammate and club
2: chips beans and a runny fried egg.

Otherwise I can't vote. I think option 3 should be changed from "stay quiet" to focus on your team mate and team, then with the clubs blessing, offer support to anyone who was traumatised by the injury, including Son.

I mean come on, we've all done something in the heat of the moment that may have had serious consequences. Unluckily for Son, it did.

Has absolutely nothing to do with leadership. Checked in on a human being who was down. That's it. Mad how upset people get over this. The deification of Son is bewildering but checking if a fellow professional is okay in a grim situation isn't some failing on Coleman's part

I’ve no issue with Coleman’s actions. Gorgeous Gomes was surrounded by our team, and someone with prior experience of the matter went to speak to the opposing party.

For me it all seems a bit faux outrage towards Seamus. My ire is purely against Son.
Pretty obvious that while it was an intentional foul, Son didn't mean to hurt him. Accidents happen in football and in this case the consequences were terrible for Gomes. But to be angry at Son seems a bit silly, even if you're annoyed at the media response to the whole thing and the misplaced sympathy.

Pretty obvious that while it was an intentional foul, Son didn't mean to hurt him. Accidents happen in football and in this case the consequences were terrible for Gomes. But to be angry at Son seems a bit silly, even if you're annoyed at the media response to the whole thing and the misplaced sympathy.

Pretty much my attitude to the whole mess.

Pretty much my attitude to the whole mess.
I think Son went to injure him. I don’t think he intended a leg break but then that’s the reality of it.

Petulance, rage etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.