Landon Donovan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so shocked most people can't give Osman a break. I can't see much wrong with him myself I would take him 2-1 over Bily at the moment. He has his problems but there are much weaker players on this team without naming names.

Landon definitely played well yesterday. He showed he is tactically very aware out there, has the technique to play in close quarters, and has the pace to unbalance a defense. Struck a decent corner for the first goal. Worked hard getting up and down the field.

I think he's going to produce goals and assists if he's given a run of games. The best is yet to come.

Would be great to see coleman and donovan on the right. With there pace. and penut and bains on the left. its looking up for the everton boys now with arteta back soon bring on city. COYB

From his Facebook...

Not a bad start, all in all. I really enjoyed the experience but it's disappointing not to have won that game. I am very proud to wear the Everton jersey. Our traveling fans and my teammates made my debut in the Premiership truly memorable! Time for some rest and then we've got to start preparing for Man City. Enjoy your Sunday!

How do you know it's HIS facebook?

The Yank, you mention set pieces, from what i saw yesterday he is better than any other option we have - Baines and Bily either over hit it or don't clear the first man the vast majority of the time. Arteta's the magician but as you know he is only just back in training, non contact at that!

As someone else who has seen Donovan over the years I have to completely disagree with the other poster. While his delivery lacks great pace he is quite accurate from set pieces.

What a debut !
1, Intelligent footballer (reads the game well)
2, Composed (never panicked once)
3,speed (and he's not yet match fit)
4, confidence he's got it by the bucketfull.
Moysie, get this player signed asap please !

What a debut !
1, Intelligent footballer (reads the game well)
2, Composed (never panicked once)
3,speed (and he's not yet match fit)
4, confidence he's got it by the bucketfull.
Moysie, get this player signed asap please !

if he wasn't signed then he wouldn't be playing:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.