2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why the consensus is Zouma is walking into the Chelsea XI when he was deemed 5th choice this year. I don't see Sarri just throwing him into the side over Luiz Rudiger and Christensen when he hasn't been in the system for a year like they have. This isn't over.

Shame if we can't secure him. He has looked solid with Keane. He has the pace that Keane lacks at times. Mina could be good but hasn't had a run yet due to injury plus I am not sure he quite has the pace to bail Keane out at times.

I'll be amazed if the CAS doesn't delay the ban.

I also don't think it has any relevance to the Zouma situation anyway. Sarri rated him behind Gary Cahill last year.

Cahill and Luiz are out of contract.

That leaves them with Rudiger, Christensen, Azpeieiieitreu and an unproven Ampadu.

If they cant replace Luiz they will need a body, IMO.

But yeah, the CAS will suspend it I reckon.

"Chelsea FC has today received the decision of the FIFA Appeal Committee.

"The club notes that the FIFA Appeal Committee has decided to partially uphold the appeal lodged by Chelsea FC against the decision of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee. However, the club is very disappointed that the transfer ban of two consecutive registration periods was not overturned.

"Chelsea FC categorically refutes the findings of the FIFA Appeal Committee. It acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and will appeal the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS)."

Cahill and Luiz are out of contract.

That leaves them with Rudiger, Christensen, Azpeieiieitreu and an unproven Ampadu.

If they cant replace Luiz they will need a body, IMO.

But yeah, the CAS will suspend it I reckon.
Couldnt they offer them big new contracts to stay?

Chelsea have a policy of not offering players over 30 more than a year contract.

So yes, they could, but its unlikely, IMO.
Damn, Everton seem to be offering over 30s big juicy deals over numerous years, and then re-extending them until the player is far, far past his sell by date! Chelsea have it right.

Couldnt they offer them big new contracts to stay?

I made a comment on this thread a day or so ago following a conversation I had with a chap that claimed to be a Villa scout he was suggesting that Chelsea have a CD out on loan at Derby who they possibly will be recalling to their first team squad.The player is named Tomori and he has just been declared their player of the season.I will watch him in the play offs with interest
Irrespective of ban or no ban( CAS will be hard pushed not to suspend the sanction ) that will enable Chelsea to address several issues and I have no doubt they will be brining some players back from their loan army. The question is will Zoumas defensive strengths outweigh the minor shortcomings he has in terms of his distribution.
I took a long hard look at Chelsea against Watford and from everything I have seen he is a far better defender in terms of his ability to tackle, positioning, heading and indeed speed of recovery than either Luiz and Christensen and in terms of distribution the way in which Sari sets Chelsea up I can’t but help feel he will fit perfectly alongside Rudiger with the easy ball into Gorginio.
I will be absolutely staggered if he isn’t back at Chelsea next season and no he won’t be a bench warmer he will be first choice.

I made a comment on this thread a day or so ago following a conversation I had with a chap that claimed to be a Villa scout he was suggesting that Chelsea have a CD out on loan at Derby who they possibly will be recalling to their first team squad.The player is named Tomori and he has just been declared their player of the season.I will watch him in the play offs with interest
Irrespective of ban or no ban( CAS will be hard pushed not to suspend the sanction ) that will enable Chelsea to address several issues and I have no doubt they will be brining some players back from their loan army. The question is will Zoumas defensive strengths outweigh the minor shortcomings he has in terms of his distribution.
I took a long hard look at Chelsea against Watford and from everything I have seen he is a far better defender in terms of his ability to tackle, positioning, heading and indeed speed of recovery than either Luiz and Christensen and in terms of distribution the way in which Sari sets Chelsea up I can’t but help feel he will fit perfectly alongside Rudiger with the easy ball into Gorginio.
I will be absolutely staggered if he isn’t back at Chelsea next season and no he won’t be a bench warmer he will be first choice.

Can you delete this please as this is confidential information that shouldn't be shared with anyone.

I'll be amazed if the CAS doesn't delay the ban.

I also don't think it has any relevance to the Zouma situation anyway. Sarri rated him behind Gary Cahill last year.

Yep, looks like they are just trying to postpone it to get business done this summer, hopefully if they know its coming they will go for another top CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.