2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get what you're saying mate, suppose my worry is Chelsea may worry that we may be one of their potential rivals for top 6 this summer and try pull a fast one telling us at the eleventh hour that he's in Lampards plans leaving us scrambling for a CB with days to go before Palace away.

Hopefully we have given them an acceptable deadline to tell the club yes or no so we have time to sort out a replacement ;)

With Holgate the only backup CH other than youth players I am sure we will have alternatives lined up.

If Zouma gets the go ahead I would expect a deal to be done quite quickly.

Biggest issue will be the fee with some of the prices getting banded about for Central defenders this window.

Every chance Chelsea are holding out to see if McGuire goes for £80m and Dunk for £40m+. That would see a fee for Kurt far higher than the £30m being touted at the end of the season.

i'd take ampadu on loan NEA, as long as we buy another centre back. Can sell schneiderlin then and use Ampadu for the 6 games a season in DM whilst saving about 70k a week in wages.

i'd take ampadu on loan NEA, as long as we buy another centre back. Can sell schneiderlin then and use Ampadu for the 6 games a season in DM whilst saving about 70k a week in wages.

Why would we train a kid for Chelsea? There isn’t any benefit to the club.

With Ampadu out, will be between Tomori or Zouma the decision

Ampadus best position is seen by many more a defensive midfielder and probably would only be deployed in a back line if an emergency came about.

Personally I don’t think this will have any bearing on their decision. More importantly for Chelsea will be how far toward match fitness is Rudiger.

Chelsea rarely use the HG ring fenced squad places meaning their squads are more often than not short in number add that too the fact that they even after the likes of Batshuayi, Abraham, Mount,Pulisic , James & Tomori to their squads there are probably still going to be two or three slots up for grabs and I suspect Zouma has been pencilled in for one of those slots.

Between season start and Christmas Chelsea have 30 games, that’s around 6 more than Everton and I just can’t see them wanting to go into the season with just two fit senior CD so unless a really silly offer comes in for Zouma I just can’t see them selling in this window.

Ampadus best position is seen by many more a defensive midfielder and probably would only be deployed in a back line if an emergency came about.

Personally I don’t think this will have any bearing on their decision. More importantly for Chelsea will be how far toward match fitness is Rudiger.

Chelsea rarely use the HG ring fenced squad places meaning their squads are more often than not short in number add that too the fact that they even after the likes of Batshuayi, Abraham, Mount,Pulisic , James & Tomori to their squads there are probably still going to be two or three slots up for grabs and I suspect Zouma has been pencilled in for one of those slots.

Between season start and Christmas Chelsea have 30 games, that’s around 6 more than Everton and I just can’t see them wanting to go into the season with just two fit senior CD so unless a really silly offer comes in for Zouma I just can’t see them selling in this window.

Ampadu played defensive mid in the pre-season games under Lampard too.

If they decide to keep Zouma, would Tomori would be an option then ?

I think we will probably have a loan or two again as I doubt we will be able to spend money to sign players for every position we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.