2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s only injured for about 3 weeks and is their outright first choice when fit though

I suppose it all boils down to how much faith Lampard will have with the yoots and whether Zooms thinks he move himself from 4th choice for Chelsea.

I also dont consider him a shoe in for a start here, think he would have to fight a much improved Keane and a Mina fresh off the back off a decent display in the Copa America.

...but he might never get a chance again if he bombs at Derby next season. I think you have to take these opportunities when they arise, especially in an occupation that’s so precarious.

What I think Lampard does is surround himself with people who’s knowledge and capability he can tap into. Decisions ultimately lie with him, but it’s a sensible approach for any Manager in any field of work.
I honestly think that Lampard is just there as a public face. It will really be Jody Morris that Chelsea want, he is the guy that brought most of the young players through and knows them better than Lampard does and has worked with them before on a daily basis.

I honestly think that Lampard is just there as a public face. It will really be Jody Morris that Chelsea want, he is the guy that brought most of the young players through and knows them better than Lampard does and has worked with them before on a daily basis.

....interesting that, but if Morris is so good bringing youngsters through they might want to keep him in that capacity.

....interesting that, but if Morris is so good bringing youngsters through they might want to keep him in that capacity.
Yeah i think it will be interesting to see what happens with that, but now they have Cech as head of Youth Development and there is even talk of a role for Drogba somewhere

This a transfer that we can afford to be patient with.
Zouma knows Everton and most of the players already, there will be no settling in period needed this year and he will be getting fit at Chelsea.

I think Lampard may use this season to consolidate some of the better young players into the team while building up a war chest for when the transfer embargo is lifted.
Expectations will not be as high this season, giving him an opportunity to shape his squad without the pressure he might be under if the transfer ban was not in place.
Selling Zouma now would make space for Tomori and make money for the club at the same time.

...but he might never get a chance again if he bombs at Derby next season. I think you have to take these opportunities when they arise, especially in an occupation that’s so precarious.

What I think Lampard does is surround himself with people who’s knowledge and capability he can tap into. Decisions ultimately lie with him, but it’s a sensible approach for any Manager in any field of work.
This was a lot of people's justification for voting for Trump. So take that for what it's worth. I think Lampard did nothing of great not at Derby and will be a mess at Chelsea. We need to finish above them.

SimpleDecimalGrackle-size_restricted.gif

Is our reported bid for real?

I suppose it all boils down to how much faith Lampard will have with the yoots and whether Zooms thinks he move himself from 4th choice for Chelsea.

I also dont consider him a shoe in for a start here, think he would have to fight a much improved Keane and a Mina fresh off the back off a decent display in the Copa America.
Be great to have the three of them though eh?

Is our reported bid for real?

Be great to have the three of them though eh?

I think the club set out a clear plan to recruit both loanees as a priority.

I expect we will then target a striker and RB, winger, perhaps with one or more on similar loan deals to Gomes and Zouma with a view to recruiting next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.