Koeman Out snap poll

Sack Koeman?

• Yes

• No

• head in sand on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in all honesty anyone who spent abar 200 million quid assembling a squad of the calibre we have needs tying against a post and shooting but it's far to early to talk about sacking him.

The current balance of the team under Koeman:

6a00d8341cdbc253ef01774492d843970d-pi

I feel like this is going to get as nasty as it was before Roberto was fired. I don't want it to get to the point where our players are as psychologically damaged as they were then. Koeman deserves the fume more than anyone.

Goldfinger has lost the dressing room and cannot motivate the players. Some managers just aren't compatible with Everton. He steadied us, but much of that was down to Lukaku. Keane, Pickford and Vlasic aside, it was an unforgivable window. Get rid.

Playing Williams should be a sacking offence on its own.

And yes, Koeman was my first choice back in June 2016. Flame me if you will, but I know I'm not alone.

All I would say is we're not out of anything yet. Battering teams in September just to fall away in the second half of the season gets you nothing. If we carry on and drop out of 3 comps by Jan then, like Martinez, the knives will be out. Currently though he could drag us out of this slump and still have a good season (not that he's showing any signs of it so far). All of his prem seasons so far have had far better second halves though. If we could hang about in Europe or one of the cups and stay within striking distance of the top 6 we could still have an exciting run in if Koeman can find some form.

I didn't want Koeman in the first place and I'm not fussed on him now but people really need to step back and think about what it means if he gets the sack. We're left needing a new manager and none of us know who that would be - it could be someone better but it could easily be someone worse. Realistically, who would people go for? There aren't many names that jump out at you.

The incoming manager is then left with the same squad we've got now and the same problems. Surely, we would be better off giving the manager who signed these players the opportunity to sort it out? It is ridiculously early in the season, we're still picking up points and look capable of grinding out results. Considering the tough fixture list and the squad overhaul it hasn't been a complete horror show.

It's only been a month since we completed our summer spending. Any club that blows £150m in the transfer market then sacks their manager within a few weeks would become football's laughing stock, and rightly so. Everton are not that kind of club, and we're going to be stuck with Koeman for some time to come - though an ignominious European exit coupled with more pallid league performances and the Board may well start to think about their options.

I have to agree though with much of Lyndon Lloyd's opinion piece on Toffeeweb today. Something is not right at the club. I don't know if Koeman can be blamed for the striker fiasco - he did make his wishes very clear and Walsh and the Board failed to deliver - but he doesn't get off the hook that easily. Why are we so lacking in pace, lacking in width, and lacking in ideas going forward ? What was the idea behind bringing in Rooney at £150,000 a week and smashing our transfer record to bring in Sigurdsson rather than seeking out younger players with more pace ? Why this season do we so often appear sluggish, planless and clueless ?

It's only been a month since we completed our summer spending. Any club that blows £150m in the transfer market then sacks their manager within a few weeks would become football's laughing stock, and rightly so. Everton are not that kind of club, and we're going to be stuck with Koeman for some time to come - though an ignominious European exit coupled with more pallid league performances and the Board may well start to think about their options.

I have to agree though with much of Lyndon Lloyd's opinion piece on Toffeeweb today. Something is not right at the club. I don't know if Koeman can be blamed for the striker fiasco - he did make his wishes very clear and Walsh and the Board failed to deliver - but he doesn't get off the hook that easily. Why are we so lacking in pace, lacking in width, and lacking in ideas going forward ? What was the idea behind bringing in Rooney at £150,000 a week and smashing our transfer record to bring in Sigurdsson rather than seeking out younger players with more pace ? Why this season do we so often appear sluggish, planless and clueless ?

This upcoming International break after the Burnley game is the exact same period of time (October 4th) when Liverpool sacked Rodgers and hired Klopp mate, the summer after he had just spent 120m (so in todays terms what would that be - 200-250m+?), not one single person thought they where a laughing stock for getting rid of a manager who had them going backwards for a better manager despite the spending

This upcoming International break after the Burnley game is the exact same period of time (October 4th) when Liverpool sacked Rodgers and hired Klopp mate, the summer after he had just spent 120m (so in todays terms what would that be - 200-250m+?), not one single person thought they where a laughing stock for getting rid of a manager who had them going backwards for a better manager despite the spending
Exactly
Why do we have to bother about people laughing at us? I'm more concern about pilling misery on the teams we play against and rediscovering the joy of watching us play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.