2018/19 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a little competition between do well and lookman for a place in the squad
But do both want to be squad players or first team players
Lookman knows he can go to Germany and be a first team player , Dowell I’m not too sure
Not saying Dowell won’t make it here but at the moment he behind Siggy ,Gomes , Vlasic Davies, McCarthy for the 2 midfield spots

Has a good left foot and a decent eye for a pass but he just doesn't do enough for me. His languid style just makes me think he might not have the hunger and personality to make it really. Of course i don't know him personally so I might be chatting wham but that's the impression I get when I watch him play.Would love to be wrong about the Ormskirk Ozil like.

I take it you didn't see Rooney as a teenager? He was absolutely phenomenal, everything about him screamed world class. He was that good that many people think his career as Manchester United and England's all time leading goalscorer, and winning countless trophies, was actually a bit of a let down.

of course I saw him

he said first seen rooney, not after I had watched him for a couple of years

when rooney very first came in he was a bit inconsistent but clearly massively talented, then season 2 he become more consistent and got in the England team and then we all know how that went

im just trying to make the point of its unfair to say dowell doesn't look anything special after a handful of full age games

Because Rooney had something about him
Always wanting the ball , always had time on the ball , carried himself with confidence and was prepared to stand still with the ball at his feet waiting for the pass to open up
The young lad at Chelsea Ampadu has that something special about him , you just know it within the first 25 m
He is going to be a very special player and you can vault me on that

yeah he does look it, but then is that because he has the body of a man already? like rooney?

you've gotta wonder if it comes quicker to these lads whos physique doesn't need to catch up with their brain....dowell for example has looked like a wet towel until the last 18 months or so

of course I saw him

when rooney very first came in he was a bit inconsistent but clearly massively talented, then season 2 he become more consistent and got in the England team and then we all know how that went

im just trying to make the point of its unfair to say dowell doesn't look anything special after a handful of full age games
Rooney wasn’t spectacular in his first season granted , but you just knew looking at him he was extra special
Some players just give you that impression
As I said earlier Rooney did Ampadu does Dowell not so much

Even though we are in a transitional period, we should still be beating them, and considering them below us.

I know whom I believe. Also, he scored one, and won the the freekick that set up the first, and that's "never enough"??!

#agenda
Well, Philw, if you think that's enough, just carry on thinking like that, it will never do for me, we all see games differently
and lots of us think differently, I bet we all want the same thing for Dowell: a successful career with Everton.

Rooney wasn’t spectacular in his first season granted , but you just knew looking at him he was extra special
Some players just give you that impression
As I said earlier Rooney did Ampadu does Dowell not so much

I do agree with ya, I think I just really don't want to write dowell off just yet, as there is something there, what im not 100% on but there is something

I take it you didn't see Rooney as a teenager? He was absolutely phenomenal, everything about him screamed world class. He was that good that many people think his career as Manchester United and England's all time leading goalscorer, and winning countless trophies, was actually a bit of a let down.
I’m amazed he didn’t go to Barca or Real or the really good Bayern team at the time
He was definitely good enough to walk into any of those sides

of course I saw him

Don't take it personally, there's no 'of course' about it, I don't know who you are do I? You might be a 22 year old from Canada for all I know, in which case you won't ever have seen a teenage Rooney on the pitch.

Anyone who couldn't immediately see that Rooney was a very special talent wasn't paying attention. He looked absolutely incredible at 16, and to suggest he just scored a couple of screamers and nothing else is just ludicrous. He was outrageously gifted and it showed every time he got the ball. That's why I assumed you'd never seen him play, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you could spot talent if you saw it, but if you're saying I was wrong that's fine.

of course I saw him

When Rooney hit our first team the vast majority of players commentators and fans knew we had something extra special on our hands

Well, Philw, if you think that's enough, just carry on thinking like that, it will never do for me, we all see games differently
and lots of us think differently, I bet we all want the same thing for Dowell: a successful career with Everton.
I’d love an Everton title winning team with Kenny Dowell and Davies in it
Unfortunately I don’t think any of them are good enough for a top 4 side nevermind a title winning side , and yes I know Leicester won the league with some poor players

Thanks for your permission mate, was gonna change my mind til you said that... What does have to do to do enough? Score a hattrick? Seven assists? Go in goal and save a pen??

I'd like to think that too, but that's literally the first time I remember you posting anything positive about him. You're not the only one; other people writing him off as not good enough for the prem cos he isn't as good as, or shown as much potential as, Rooney or Beckham etc. Ridiculous.

Thanks for your permission mate, was gonna change my mind til you said that... What does have to do to do enough? Score a hattrick? Seven assists? Go in goal and save a pen??

I'd like to think that too, but that's literally the first time I remember you posting anything positive about him. You're not the only one; other people writing him off as not good enough for the prem cos he isn't as good as, or shown as much potential as, Rooney or Beckham etc. Ridiculous.
I never said he’s not good enough for the Prem I said I don’t think he will get onto an Everton team that wants top 4
He would probably walk into a Brighton , Palace , Burnley side and have a good career in the PL but is he top 4 quality
I hope he becomes that good but I don’t see it YET

That's not what people are saying though is it? In fact, it's not even close to being what people are saying.

The conversation about Rooney has related to whether Dowell is a truly outstanding talent, not whether he's good enough to play in the Premier League. My opinion is that he's not a truly outstanding talent, but he definitely has ability, and if he can learn to harness it and work on his weaknesses, he can certainly be a very good player. My slight concern is that at 21 he doesn't seem to be much closer to becoming a more rounded player than he was when he made his Everton debut four years ago, and so may be running out of time in which to make an impact with us. Hopefully that isn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.