2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

I strongly doubt he’d have had license to communicate so transparently if the two clowns were still in charge

I don't mind that update at all. It's honest and upfront and basically tells us not to expect anything incoming.

Better to say it now, we know where we stand and no being disappointed in thinking Everton trying to pull the wool over our eyes and blagging us they are trying.

For the first time since his appointment, I'll say "well done Kevin Thelwell"

From that message you'd assume no key players are leaving the club in the short term.

You'd like to think so wouldn't you. I'm sure one had to leave (and the only reason would be if we were financially about to implode) then I'm sure we'd be looking to replace with a small deal for someone.

If we get no massive long term injuries, I think there's enough in the squad to see us through.

The initial disappointment I felt with the realisation that there is very little chance of getting some much needed additions to our paper thin squad was quickly calmed with gratitude I feel that we are actually being spoken to as intelligent football fans.
There is a lot of depressing facts under his honeyed words. Using DNA as a term is cringe.
However, while it's not what we all wanted, it's what is needed.
Such a shame.

Fair play for him being up front and honest about the January window. I think most knew it wouldn't be one we do much. And as he says sometimes with all the nonsense written in the media it sometimes gives you a false hope. You then end up being disappointed. Normally the club just plays up on it and pretends they've been trying to buy players.

I've been pretty consistent on Thelwell in that it must be an incredibly tough job to do his role in the backdrop of the chaos that we've had behind the scenes

If you go back to the last Thelwell thread, some of the stuff being posted about him was laughable - lacking in any context and written as if signing players is the only thing he does (when we now know that players sales and acquisitions have not always been his remit, despite assertions to the contrary). Then you get people who simply don't want a DOF so will be opposed to anyone in that role.

Frankly, he seems to have done a remarkable job so far. My only ask would be that whatever the ownership situation is as the season progresses, he should be the one with the biggest say on ALL football decisions at the club, including (very importantly) future managerial changes etc. A big problem he's had (and Brands before him) is only being allowed to do half a job.
Yes he’s doing much better than okay and seems to be on the same page as Sean Dyche with regards to transfers.

I just hope that he is still working on possible loan and exchange deals in January, the squad, as everyone knows is still lacking a couple of players, at least, and injuries, suspensions can undo a lot of the good work done by Dyche and Thelwell.

I think most fans realise the position the club is in regarding transfers and will accept the situation if no newcomers are brought in while hoping that a good player is conjured up in January.

Looks like he's read the room and realises Evertonians are worn out by decades of Kenwright's dishonesty so he's telling it straight. It's refreshing
Would be great though if he could also be honest with the 28 millions we got at the end of the summer window with both iwobi and gray sold. They tried their best to keep gray against his wishes because they knew we were desperately short in attacking options. But no mention of it....I guess the money was needed to keep the lights on.

Looks like he's read the room and realises Evertonians are worn out by decades of Kenwright's dishonesty so he's telling it straight. It's refreshing
Thought it very interesting the way he brought up Kenwright’s passing, drew a line under it, and then effectively said ‘I’m in charge now and I will show you the respect of being honest about the situation rather than bullshitting you’

Thelwell and Dyche really seem like a match made in heaven given our current situation.