2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

I know "Kopite Kev" gets a bit of stick from some quarters but for me he's done OK. Quite a bit of good transfer business.

If/when he quits, that will signal that things are really falling apart behind the scenes.
I was really quite harsh on kk when he first started here, but let's face it, he's got an almost impossible job. Given the circumstances, he's doing a decent job. If by some miracle the PL haven't relegated us/forced us into administration at the end of the season, his job will be even harder. Haven't we got something like a dozen players out of contract/ending their loans in June? How do you replace all of that with -£100m?

I was really quite harsh on kk when he first started here, but let's face it, he's got an almost impossible job. Given the circumstances, he's doing a decent job. If by some miracle the PL haven't relegated us/forced us into administration at the end of the season, his job will be even harder. Haven't we got something like a dozen players out of contract/ending their loans in June? How do you replace all of that with -£100m?

And also some commitments to pay for players. Beto for example.

Well we’re almost certainly selling Branthwaite and Onana for starters. We’ll be paying close attention to what the commission rule about Forest and Brennan Johnson because clubs will lowball us before Jun 30th knowing we likely need a sale for FFP. The Forest ruling will tell us if we need to accept or not (it summarises the farce of FFP if we do have to accept less just to meet a deadline).

The question then is how much of those sales we have to play with. That’s guesswork as we don’t know who will own the club at that point.

Both Thelwell and Dyche have a long term pass from me
Both are doing the job with shackles on

Well we’re almost certainly selling Branthwaite and Onana for starters. We’ll be paying close attention to what the commission rule about Forest and Brennan Johnson because clubs will lowball us before Jun 30th knowing we likely need a sale for FFP. The Forest ruling will tell us if we need to accept or not (it summarises the farce of FFP if we do have to accept less just to meet a deadline).

The question then is how much of those sales we have to play with. That’s guesswork as we don’t know who will own the club at that point.
It’s hard at times to understand the shoite we get our selves into and I may be being over optimistic, but so far this financial year we’ve paid out a £3mill loan fee, sold the likes of Iwobi, Cannon, Simms, Gray and Samuels-Smith for around £50 mill so hopefully we dont have to sell before the deadline and accept less …… after that is another matter.

Summer business not looking great now with Danjuma and Beto failing to impress so far. His job might be precarious in the event of a 777 takeover