2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

So, our first choice CB pair cost us no transfer fees and our very distant second pairing cost us the best part of 50M.

Madness.

If we ever play Young and Coleman as our full backs we‘d have a back four that cost £810,000! I’m not sure I want to test that formation though.
Branthwaite cost us £1m.

It’s still nothing in football terms but there was a fee.

Thats a good point actually mate on Chermiti, he seemed really confident on him and the decision seemed really purposeful- that really intrigues me.

Also we have an "insight department" - haha who knew.....lol

Without wanting to toot my own horn here - I work in insights for my current company and I think our work is very important for CI and actually really underrated by many, especially in a largely data-driven environment. I'm happy to hear that it sounds like we've got some good insights people at the club these days.

Without wanting to toot my own horn here - I work in insights for my current company and I think our work is very important for CI and actually really underrated by many, especially in a largely data-driven environment. I'm happy to hear that it sounds like we've got some good insights people at the club these days.

I dont know much about it mate, in fact ive never heard of it before, so found it all a bit enigmatic, be great to get a breakdown or its application.

45 mins in he starts talking about being at Everton.

Before that around 30 mins he talks about Red Bull multi club model. Might work well if 777 get to takeover.

An interesting listen if you want to understand Thelwell and his role. Crazy that people judge him on one facet of his job and one player in that facet , Maupay . The Branthwaite bit was good, and it seems he was key in letting the experienced Coady go and persuade Dyche that Branthwaite was waiting in the wings. He didn’t sound confident that we’ll have any money to spend in January though.