2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Would be great though if he could also be honest with the 28 millions we got at the end of the summer window with both iwobi and gray sold. They tried their best to keep gray against his wishes because they knew we were desperately short in attacking options. But no mention of it....I guess the money was needed to keep the lights on.

I don't think that's really within his control and he should only be commenting on things that are.

A rare example of good comms from the club. Thelwell deserves credit for that.

Setting expectations in a timely manner can only be a good thing. Though the despair will likely still be there as the window closes. I don’t think you can eliminate that.

A rare example of good comms from the club. Thelwell deserves credit for that.

Setting expectations in a timely manner can only be a good thing. Though the despair will likely still be there as the window closes. I don’t think you can eliminate that.

As i say to the wife daily when she looks at me in total disappointment when that realisation hits home that she married a massive tit, i say "turn that frown upside down".

And that's the advice I shall give to all Evertonians towards the end of the window.

I don't mind that update at all. It's honest and upfront and basically tells us not to expect anything incoming.

Better to say it now, we know where we stand and no being disappointed in thinking Everton trying to pull the wool over our eyes and blagging us they are trying.

For the first time since his appointment, I'll say "well done Kevin Thelwell"
Do you mean better to say it now as our form has been spectacular with dyche doing wonders with one hand tied behind his back. We will unfortunately have a period where we are going to lose matches, probably due to our lack of depth in the squad and i am sure we'll hear nothing then from the club. So yes perfect timing for it. Hypocrites...I will not forget the shambles in the last 2 transfer windows.
Our squad outside of the starting 11 is a bit of a joke really for a premier league side.

Do you mean better to say it now as our form has been spectacular with dyche doing wonders with one hand tied behind his back. We will unfortunately have a period where we are going to lose matches, probably due to our lack of depth in the squad and i am sure we'll hear nothing then from the club. So yes perfect timing for it. Hypocrites...I will not forget the shambles in the last 2 transfer windows.
Our squad outside of the starting 11 is a bit of a joke really for a premier league side.
I agree though outside of the 11 at least we have seen glimpses of the squad helping out with Keane, Godfrey, Danjuma and Beto.

The club is a financial mess atm so I think its good that he's come out and tried to lower anyones expectations of any signings happening. I'm not saying that's ideal, but it's better to be told now than any false promises

I agree though outside of the 11 at least we have seen glimpses of the squad helping out with Keane, Godfrey, Danjuma and Beto.

The club is a financial mess atm so I think its good that he's come out and tried to lower anyones expectations of any signings happening. I'm not saying that's ideal, but it's better to be told now than any false promises
Its certainly a more business like way of saying we would need to sell to buy anything

Our billionaire accountant has cut off funding and we're in the midst of being sold. I don't think our form has anything to do with it, and certainly Thelwell has little to do with the finance of the club.

Our billionaire accountant has cut off funding and we're in the midst of being sold. I don't think our form has anything to do with it, and certainly Thelwell has little to do with the finance of the club.
He has a lot to do with selling players...he is ultimately responsible for the squad we do have or we don't.

At least he’s being honest
Like he was in the summer right...still waiting for that interview he promised but I guess he was so busy working on the recruitment side. I am amazed at how quickly the fans forgot how shambolic our transfer activity has been in the last 2 windows. Yes we have no money, but at no point we were told we had to sell players to keeps the light on.