2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nkonkou was pure bin juice and his initial contract would of expired now. He signed a one year extension and then loaned to St Etienne which is why we got some money for him. This was on Thelwells watch.
Absolutely nobody who saw him play would of been up in arms if he was released for free before his spell at St Etienne because he looked absolutely abysmal before then. Ligue 2 is nowhere near the standard of the Championship here btw, which he graced for Cardiff looking like an amateur on more than a few occasions

….so losing circa £13m on Nkounkou is on Thelwell‘s watch?

if so, more gross incompetence.

….apparently it was £1.7m buy-out clause & they have offers to sell for £15m. £13m down the pan, pretty much what he spunked on Maupay.

I said the man is incompetent, it’s nothing to add sell-on clauses & time restrictions for selling on. I honestly don’t think Thelwell knows footballers, he says he’s a Line Manager which suggests to me he can’t be trusted to make final decisions based on his own opinion.

Those figures dont look right to me at all...

Id say more like £5-6mil

Heres the ligue 2 transfer records

….apparently it was £1.7m buy-out clause & they have offers to sell for £15m. £13m down the pan, pretty much what he spunked on Maupay.

I said the man is incompetent, it’s nothing to add sell-on clauses & time restrictions for selling on. I honestly don’t think Thelwell knows footballers, he says he’s a Line Manager which suggests to me he can’t be trusted to make final decisions based on his own opinion.
Pre fume based on made up stories in the media that haven't happened. It's a great thing.

But.

Just call him a cock nosed kopite and be done with it.

We haven’t actually signed Weghorst yet, this is like when people fumed about us paying Lingard 200k a week and it didn’t even happen.

Now the season is over Kev’s only bad buys really were Maupay and Vinagre (loan). Once we presumably sell Maupay and get a fee back the damage done on those two will be minimal.

Tarkowski, Garner, McNeill Gueye Onana have all been useful first team players this season. Coady was a very useful loan.

We’ve also got good fees for Richarlison and Gordon, we’ve stopped giving contract extensions to players we don’t want (Davies Mina)

It’s a mark against him that he didn’t sort a striker in January but I’m willing to give him longer than two windows to see what his impact on Everton might be.

There’ll be the Kean sale this summer and more players off the wage bill. Another opportunity to wheel and deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.