2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely 'his job' was to make sure we were not in the position of playing russian roulette, not calling it a job well done because we avoided the bullet by the skin of our teeth?!
We were playing Russian roulette before he came, it was circumstances made by the owner that had us dodging bullets, not Kev

No but it shows that we did not anticipate him doing well, and didn’t factor that in to the contract.
Yeah, I don't like giving these options at all, just leaves you open to this situation, it'll only get taken up if it's value to the other side. At the same time, if anyone anticipated Nkounkou turning into prime Roberto Carlos after getting sent packing by Cardiff they saw something I didn't.

Tbf we've just trousered £45 millions for a hyped up championship bum.

Thelwell has pocketed us near £50 millions for Anthony Gordon & Niels Nkonku yet fans still moan.

How much did Brands get for Bernard, James, Kenny, Tosun, Gomes, Bolasie etc. Yet people gushed over him because he wore tight kecks.
Maybe they are all rubbish?

And who the hell gushed over Brands? Nobody did!

Doesn't matter anyway, none of them are allowed to do their jobs regardless.

The blind leading the blind at the top of Everton FC. Its a bloody good Rabbi we need not a D.O.F.
2046238_460s.jpg

"let meeeeee, entertain youuuu!" 🎶

Whilst I’m all for bashing the Everton higher-ups for anything and everything at the moment, losing Nkounkou for a pittance has far more to do with our idiot collection of managers who never played him, several even opting to use that nugget Ben Godfrey over him at left-back, than it does with our DoFs who’ve had little option but to cart him around a collection of clubs in the hope he might get some game time.

Given the fairly unspectacular loan spells before his most recent move, I think the low option to buy was likely a ploy just to get that lad moved on at the end of the season even if he’d had another mediocre spell.

It’s frustrating to lose a talented player so cheaply that the buying club are likely to flip straightaway for a profit. I saw an interview the other day from the RS’ new director of football, trying to contextualise why he let a young Victor Osimhen practically walk away from Wolfsburg. Well he’s now racked up nearly €100m in transfer fees already which is expected to more than double this summer.

Mistakes can and will happen with players who are perhaps a little rough around the edges who managers don’t play, either because they’re idiots or they feel they need to go with more experienced options etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.