2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
…..so it would’ve been good business to sell John Sones for £5m. Let’s get rid of Gordon for £1m because he cost nothing, maybe Rooney for £2.

You can’t defend the indefensible unless you live life with blinkers on. If administrators within our club make mistakes we should all highlight them. even if we worship the ground they walk on.

More likely Nkonkou will be another Kenny than a Rooney.

Beggers cant be choosers in our financial predicament - its a small profit for a fringe player that could go towards a down payment for a starting 11 signing in the summer.

You are more than likely right.

However most other clubs would sell a Kenny or an Nkounkou for 5-10m, not buttons.

Tbf we've just trousered £45 millions for a hyped up championship bum.

Thelwell has pocketed us near £50 millions for Anthony Gordon & Niels Nkonku yet fans still moan.

How much did Brands get for Bernard, James, Kenny, Tosun, Gomes, Bolasie etc. Yet people gushed over him because he wore tight kecks.

It is entirely possible that Dyche/Thelwell already have a list of targets that they’re chasing, and letting the likes of Coady go is part of an overall plan they’ve been working on since Dyche took over, which will leave us with a stronger squad and a lower wage bill.

But that would be so far from Moshiri’s Everton that I can’t believe I even typed that now. Sorry.

Thelwell has pocketed us near £50 millions for Anthony Gordon & Niels Nkonku yet fans still moan.

How much did Brands get for Bernard, James, Kenny, Tosun, Gomes, Bolasie etc. Yet people gushed over him because he wore tight kecks.
Gordon was good business, yes, peanuts for Nkonkou is absolutely hilarious.

"Near 50m" when one of the transfers was almost 50m is equally as hilarious lol

….you can add Rondon to that list; “treat him as a present for Benitez”.

….apparently it was £1.7m buy-out clause & they have offers to sell for £15m. £13m down the pan, pretty much what he spunked on Maupay.

I said the man is incompetent, it’s nothing to add sell-on clauses & time restrictions for selling on. I honestly don’t think Thelwell knows footballers, he says he’s a Line Manager which suggests to me he can’t be trusted to make final decisions based on his own opinion.
If they have offers of 15m for Nkounkou then there are clubs out there stupider than we are. I don't care how many bits he's done for a few months in Ligue 2, 6 months ago he wasn't good enough for Cardiff and he certainly wasn't good enough for us.

….but you surely protect yourself by default including a sell-on clause. Hopefully it’s in there to at least recover some losses.
Yeah it’s not rocket science is it. It doesn’t matter what you think his current market value is pre loan, if you loan him out you have to anticipate him doing well, and increasing his market value. You just add a clause in for a considerable percentage cut of sell on. Absolutely ridiculous decision….Maupay and now this. I’m afraid it’s not a very good look for him, but I am sure once the new investors come in, they will review his performance.

If they have offers of 15m for Nkounkou then there are clubs out there stupider than we are. I don't care how many bits he's done for a few months in Ligue 2, 6 months ago he wasn't good enough for Cardiff and he certainly wasn't good enough for us.
No but it shows that we did not anticipate him doing well, and didn’t factor that in to the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.