Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say so far he isn't the most media savvy chap but he has a football role, and he'll be judged on similar terms to the manager, by the things he does and not says.

Brands sounded very impressive but that didn't get us anywhere did it? I think it's more about what gravitas this guy has and we won't get to see that as fans. He will need to be assertive and persuasive.

I had a look at the interviews to me he come across very well and with an honest expectation. Seems a better fit than Brands or Walsh.

His parents are from the city his dad is a blue. Which is a good insight.

The only thing that I don't see and this includes Lampard, is that there is vision from the club to get Everton back to the top end and how important NSNO is. Moshiri, DBB and I imagine Kenwright. Forgive me if I am a little sceptical.

3,2,1 and you're back in the room.jpg

Everton aren’t a huge club. They are outside of the “big 6” whether you like it or not and have been since the mid 80’s. Just right now they are a long term 6-12 positioned team in the Premier League with zero recent European pedigree.

ihope Lampard and Thelwell are given a few years to stab alive back in the top 10

I had a look at the interviews to me he come across very well and with an honest expectation. Seems a better fit than Brands or Walsh.

His parents are from the city his dad is a blue. Which is a good insight.

The only thing that I don't see and this includes Lampard, is that there is vision from the club to get Everton back to the top end and how important NSNO is. Moshiri, DBB and I imagine Kenwright. Forgive me if I am a little sceptical.

. View attachment 169732
I simply cannot overstate how much a random Latin phrase on our badge is NOT important at all.

In the spirit of honesty that we expect from Everton leaders let us also be sincere in agreeing Everton are at very best an also ran and at worst an irrelevance, one who only their fans and those milking for extortionate wages attach any grandiose to. A football club that has won only 15 trophies of note in its entire history, with its last one being over a quarter century ago. The NSNO motto couldn’t be anything more than a parody of a club that is known in modern ages only for its ability to fail at anything it puts its mind to on the field. A club that is mostly parochial and followed by paranoid angry fans that boo their young players, and more so if they’re scouse. Everton are a byword for ineptness, delusion and anger. If it wasn’t for Geordies we’d surely urge for the club to go bust and do the whole world a favour and none more so than it’s own fans.

If we’re being honest.

In the spirit of honesty that we expect from Everton leaders let us also be sincere in agreeing Everton are at very best an also ran and at worst an irrelevance, one who only their fans and those milking for extortionate wages attach any grandiose to. A football club that has won only 15 trophies of note in its entire history, with its last one being over a quarter century ago. The NSNO motto couldn’t be anything more than a parody of a club that is known in modern ages only for its ability to fail at anything it puts its mind to on the field. A club that is mostly parochial and followed by paranoid angry fans that boo their young players, and more so if they’re scouse. Everton are a byword for ineptness, delusion and anger. If it wasn’t for Geordies we’d surely urge for the club to go bust and do the whole world a favour and none more so than it’s own fans.

If we’re being honest.
Are you suggesting we arent huge cos we won the league in 1987?

….he talks a lot about his ‘line manager & Co-ordination’ roles but I have no idea of his record in identifying & acquiring players.

indeed, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s reliant on his scouting network & Lampard in suggesting targets. is there anything to suggest he can spot a good player?

Status
Not open for further replies.