Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheaper than some cat named.... named.... was it.... his name was Bily, I think.

Kev gets the ball taken off his foot too often but he really does add a positive spark. Seems that there is plenty of upside with him. Coleman looks so much better when he has Kev to interchange with. Seamie doesn't feel that he has to take the entire right side on himself. He gets more space with Kev being a threat. Very encouraging having a viable right side option.

Does Jelavic or Mirallas get the assist for Osmans first goal? Haha.

Jelavic. Which proves how stupid assists are.

Kev did all the work really and put in a super cross. Jela fell over the ball, but he touched it so it's his assist. And that incidentally is his first assist for us.

Jelavic. Which proves how stupid assists are.

Kev did all the work really and put in a super cross. Jela fell over the ball, but he touched it so it's his assist. And that incidentally is his first assist for us.

I wouldn't say it makes the stat stupid per se, just that there are always instances where an assist isn't really a proper assist. The same happens with goals too though, to an extent.

I wouldn't say it makes the stat stupid per se, just that there are always instances where an assist isn't really a proper assist. The same happens with goals too though, to an extent.

This. We've all seen that goal when someone gets a weird funny rebound and then taps it in from like 3 feet away.

Goals and assists are both incredibly important. You need them both.

Mirallas certainly seems a different type than what I saw in that youtube video. His finishing is a little better than I was expecting but his dribbling skills don't seem quite as good. I half expected him to be dribbling at people constantly but he's not doing that. There was one time in the Southampton match where he was dribbling on a break with only one defender in front of him. I thought, "Here we go! This is where he pulls off a great move, gets around the guy and fires it in." In the end, he waited too long to make a decision and had it taken off him.

I'm still hoping to see that flashy Ronaldo-esque guy in the video but this Mirallas ain't too bad either. Hopefully he'll show more and more as he gets acclimated to the speed in the Premier League.

Does anybody know how to pronounce Mirallas? In Swedish TV they did it the french way with a silent s. Is that the correct way? Any Belgians how knows?

Does anybody know how to pronounce Mirallas? In Swedish TV they did it the french way with a silent s. Is that the correct way? Any Belgians how knows?

Mirallas is a Spanish name so you're better off asking a Spaniard :p

His full name is actually Kevin Antonio Jo Mirallas y Castillo lol

Status
Not open for further replies.