KenRIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ta for that, I was wracking my brain trying to remember.

Im still gutted that fell through, it would have been fantastic, perfect location too. Still, if you remember mate, there were blues who campaigned like [Poor language removed] against that - Goodison for Ever-ton - and in hindsight they got that all wrong. And lets be honest mate, we cant drop the Kings Dock failure in Kenwrights lap really can we?

Anyway, why the [Poor language removed] am I defending him? There best be something out of this for me Bill d'ye hear?

i think if you check back goodison for everton wasn't an anti-kd group, as i recall they pretty well packed up when kenwright decided kd was the way forward, after having previously given the group financial support when they were trying to convince johnson of the merits of redeveloping gp over moving to kirkby golf course etc.

For "one of them", I likes you Denny. Do you mind if I call you Denny?

it doesn't offend me (being called denny, that is) but brings back painful memories of an irritating kopite - most people call me den or dennis, or fat hairy [Poor language removed].

as for being "one of them", i presume you mean anti-kirkby - all i'd say on that is having asked questions over the last year or so, all i ever seem to read is bad news & a case in favour largely based, it seems to me, on desperation. still if it does go ahead i'll finally find out if my concerns were well founded or not. it's one instance where i would definitely prefer to be completely & utterly wrong - i don't want it to happen, but if it does i'd rather it was a success.

I swear I saw Kenwright in a movie the other day. Trying to remember, but Im pretty sure he gets carjacked by some US copper in England.

Cmon Brain, work damn you.

Sorry to bump this up but..

I loath ANY chairman who constantly wants to get thier face on MOTD or Sky,i couldnt give a toss about what they (and there numbers are many) have to say,they are normal bods like us,they have no special knowledge about the team other than sitting on thier fat arses in a warm box.

Now sadly BK fits right into this bracket (he reminds me of the scumbag Ridsdale from Leeds) always smarming on about stuff frankly he knows very little about,i can listen all day to DM,Fergie,Wenger..hell even mad Rafael from across the road has a certain comedy value..why? becuase they know the game inside out and 3 of them at least have won trophys at the very highest level,BK has not.

He should go and sit down,write a few checks for new players and shut the hell up,never to be seen again only when we win something.

Rant over.

Sorry to bump this up but..

I loath ANY chairman who constantly wants to get thier face on MOTD or Sky,i couldnt give a toss about what they (and there numbers are many) have to say,they are normal bods like us,they have no special knowledge about the team other than sitting on thier fat arses in a warm box.

Now sadly BK fits right into this bracket (he reminds me of the scumbag Ridsdale from Leeds) always smarming on about stuff frankly he knows very little about,i can listen all day to DM,Fergie,Wenger..hell even mad Rafael from across the road has a certain comedy value..why? becuase they know the game inside out and 3 of them at least have won trophys at the very highest level,BK has not.

He should go and sit down,write a few checks for new players and shut the hell up,never to be seen again only when we win something.

Rant over.

Fair comment.

Here's my two bob.

Kenwright wants to sell but does so that it gives the club a leg up that can push the club forward.

Maybe the ground move hasnt been well thought out and fast tracked, maybe other options havent been taken on board. But maybe Kenwright felt that it was a great offer to take up with Tesco's (one of the world's biggest brands) that was deliverable and that could be made.

Kenwright came in, sorted out the books, brought in one of the leagues best managers, and has funded a team that is improving every year. He's built a new training ground that's one of the best in the country, and now wants to give the club a new stadium that can bring investment the team needs.
Whether or not its up to "our" standards, with a new ground comes new opportunities. To say it wont is ridiculous IMO. Investers with money that take on any club in the premiership know that debts are involved, only Man Utd actually make any profit which is marginal. £78mill (which could be lower depending on income recieved and how long it takes to be bought out) isnt much compared to other clubs (the [Poor language removed] for eg). Nobody is knocking on the clubs door, if they were you think we'd say "no"? So what do the club need to do to attract investment?
What Kenwirght could leave is a bright future for the club. Investers wouldnt have to worry about a new training ground or a modern stadium because they're already in place, which only leaves one thing to improve -- the team. Most investors probably couldn't give a [Poor language removed] about the clubs history, that the ground is in the city's boundary's -- all they see now is a declining stadium in need of repair and a more lucrative club next door in the [Poor language removed], why invest? Maybe moving away, seperating itself from the [Poor language removed] for the clubs furture, and dealing with a different council that serve the club rather than one trying to satisfy two (leaning over towards one most of the time) is what these investors want.

No businessman wants to invest in a club with a bigger, "better" business right next door. Moving away may appeal to them because its on their own terms than being in the city without the shadow of the [Poor language removed] over them -- they only have to deal with one council, one area, one club and its still in Merseyside like Liverpool is (its not seperate to being in merseyside cos its the city).

I can think of worst situations the club can be in now -- and none of them are what's forecast from the ground move. We all know what's good for the club (redevelope Goodison etc) but maybe there's more than just that to attract new business.

Sorry mate I dont believe for one minute Bill is trying to sell or why would he agree to Tescos request for no change in ownership status while DK is ongoing.To say the the ground move has not been well thought out is the understatement of the year.This new training ground that will help attract investors is this the one we bought then sold and now rent so is no real asset when the worth of the club is evaluated this also applies to all the other assets Bill and Bully have sold.I cant see any investor not preferring a club in a major city as opposed to a town(no disrespect to Kirkby)And did not Chelsea and Man City sell the clubs despite being in the same vicinity as bigger clubs there is only one of two reasons we are not being sold over pricing(who benefits from that?)or ineptitude which after the London meeting is more believable as being in a worse position we are Everton not a two bob outfit or rather we were not one until we started having owners who are simply not up to it of which Bill is only one of it hurts to say it because I do think Bill loves Everton he is just not up to the job and what ever happens over Kirkby I dont think his place will be tenable:(

Anyone here exept Great Dane who nows about FC Copenhagen and Brøndby?

Why i mention this is that i can see similarities between LFC and EFC.

Two traditional clubs in DK get their heads together some 15-20 years ago, created FC Copenhagen, and manage to buy the national stadion. They had some 5000 people coming to the games in the beginning, now they are about 20-25000 every game, for the top game against Brøndby always sold out. Both clubs generate a lot of money on other things then games and selling players, they have concerts in the arena, invest in amusementparks, Real estate, Restaurants etc etc. Now, FCK is one of top 50 of the richest clubs in the world, and always in top of the danish league, always looking for European football. Brøndby got the other half of the fans, and have about 15-2000 to their homegames. Not that succesfull yet in making money outside the football, but are very good at finding sponsors and produce good players. Have a rather new ( 6years? ) stadion as well, very nice! Good atmospher.

The real aim with this is that if we move, we WILL make more money. A new developed stadion, even if it is only "medium" good, will be more attractive for sponsors.
I mean, LFC wanted to rent Goodison for their sponsors before game!

Look for example in develop Parken, the national stadion, in FCK link below. Or Brøndby stadion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Copenhagen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Br%C3%B8ndby_IF

PS i am from Malmö, Sweden, i don´t really care about this teams, but i find it interesting what has happened.
Malmö is also building a new stadion, and manage to sell sponsors for over 10£ for the name rights only.

Edit: This one should maybe be under world football.

Walter Smith was the man to thank for Moyes coming to GP if i remember rightly. Lets knock down Cammell Lairds and build a new stadium on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey anyway, that would be a great 2 fingers up to LCC

Is it no change of ownership while DK is ongoing or when its in actually operation? When its built and the 1st season is a success (fans getting there, gate recipets etc) and someone does offer to buy us out, I cant see why it wont happen and BK would sell up.

The training ground doesnt bare anything on the overall estimate of the clubs value but its an attractive facility for investors that it is there and we do use it.

With Abramovich and Chelsea, well he started the whole big forgien buy outs and probably got the best deal with Chelsea FC than with Arsenal or Spurs (who I think we already bought out) costing too much to buy.

As for City, they had a brand new stadium built by the council and were in a sorry state of affiars in the league when Takshin took over at the last minute last years, and he sounds very dodgy to say the least and probably got a good deal.

I agree its a better investment owning a club in a city, but like I said the DK deal was probably a feasable and attractive deal more so than redevelopment and other "locations" the KEIOC mob throw about.

But either way, in or outside the city, you'd get investment because of what a new facilitated stadium or anything else brings 20-50 years down the line.

Here's my two bob.

Kenwright wants to sell but does so that it gives the club a leg up that can push the club forward.

Maybe the ground move hasnt been well thought out and fast tracked, maybe other options havent been taken on board. But maybe Kenwright felt that it was a great offer to take up with Tesco's (one of the world's biggest brands) that was deliverable and that could be made.

Kenwright came in, sorted out the books ( no he never, we still owe debt and infact have added to it he couldn't afford the £20m for King's Dock ) ), brought in one of the leagues best managers,( no he never, he asked Walter Smith to name a good replacement, and Smith sold him on Moyes ) and has funded a team that is improving every year. ( you can thank Robert Leigh/Phillip Green for that, not Bill Kenwright, the only way he has raised funds is by mortgage and loans) He's built a new training ground that's one of the best in the country( and sold it to clear rising debts ) , and now wants to give the club a new stadium that can bring investment the team needs.( a stadium which would generate extra income of on average £10m a year. What is going to pay for all the overheads of Kirkby and all the other mortgages, debts and loans that Kenwright has taken out on Everton ? How much of this on average £10m would the new manager see... not much i reckon.)
Whether or not its up to "our" standards, ( Nil Satis Nisi Optimum ?) with a new ground comes new opportunities. To say it wont is ridiculous IMO. Investers with money that take on any club in the premiership know that debts are involved, only Man Utd actually make any profit which is marginal. £78mill (which could be lower depending on income recieved and how long it takes to be bought out) isnt much compared to other clubs (the [Poor language removed] for eg). Nobody is knocking on the clubs door, if they were you think we'd say "no"? ( Ask Randy Lerner who told him no then ) So what do the club need to do to attract investment?
What Kenwirght could leave is a bright future for the club. Investers wouldnt have to worry about a new training ground or a modern stadium because they're already in place, which only leaves one thing to improve -- the team. Most investors probably couldn't give a [Poor language removed] about the clubs history, that the ground is in the city's boundary's -- all they see now is a declining stadium in need of repair and a more lucrative club next door in the [Poor language removed], why invest? ( cheaper option, finished one place below them this season and have a manager who is without doubt one of the best British managers in the last 5 years )( Maybe moving away, seperating itself from the [Poor language removed] for the clubs furture, and dealing with a different council that serve the club rather than one trying to satisfy two (leaning over towards one most of the time) is what these investors want.

No businessman wants to invest in a club with a bigger, "better" business right next door. Moving away may appeal to them because its on their own terms than being in the city without the shadow of the [Poor language removed] over them -- they only have to deal with one council, one area, one club and its still in Merseyside like Liverpool is (its not seperate to being in merseyside cos its the city).

I can think of worst situations the club can be in now -- and none of them are what's forecast from the ground move. We all know what's good for the club (redevelope Goodison etc) but maybe there's more than just that to attract new business.

Just my tuppence worth on this subject.

my 2 cents.

i like kenwright the person and i like kenwright the blue.
i think kenwright the chairman has his heart in the right place but kenwright the chairman is also a bleeding idiot who hasnt got the minerals to run this club properly.

he has backed moyes , and saved us from johnson !!! i here you shout.

but i see it as this....
the start of moyes everton career was littered with cost cutting.he reduced the squad , he reduced the wage bill.we got wyness on board to improove revenue. we have also had more income from being more successful and by selling a lot of players , rooney in particular.

but even with all this cost cutting and the manager running the club on a tight budget, the board have still taken out loan after loan.

now if you cut costs and can still only run the club efficiently by taking out loans then this clearly gives you ready cash , but at a hell of a lot more cost.
ie 20 million will turn into 60 million to pay back.

now if you couldnt afford things without loans , then future money is even tighter becouse a bigger slice of your income is paying off previous loans , then surely it would mean you would constantly have to take loans out to be able to spend.
but at the same time , you wont get many more loans becouse the club would have borrowed a hell of a lot more than the assetts of the club are worth.

(actually i'm finding it really hard to get my point across.:D)

paying for the present with future income is ok to a point , but kenwright has taken the piss .if all the future money is gobbled up then how do we finance the club in the future ?

i think kenwright has gambled with are future and the only way i can see it working is if we get as successfull as man utd.
my fear is that if we are not successful , what then ?
i tell you what then ....NO EVERTON FC WITHIN THE NEXT 25 SEASONS..

Just my tuppence worth on this subject.

Kenwright came in, sorted out the books ( no he never, we still owe debt and infact have added to it he couldn't afford the £20m for King's Dock )

Which club doesnt have debt? Its all about managing and minimising the debt which has happened under Kenwright to where we're the 21 richest club in the world. Of cause he couldnt get 20mill for the Kings Dock in 2003, we we're skint where we were fighting reliegation.

brought in one of the leagues best managers,( no he never, he asked Walter Smith to name a good replacement, and Smith sold him on Moyes )

Who doesnt have advisors? He's going to ask whoever to get the right man, but who's the one that employes them? Kenwright.

and has funded a team that is improving every year( you can thank Robert Leigh/Phillip Green for that, not Bill Kenwright, the only way he has raised funds is by mortgage and loans)

But where does the buck stop or who asks for the cash? Kenwright.

and now wants to give the club a new stadium that can bring investment the team needs.( a stadium which would generate extra income of on average £10m a year. What is going to pay for all the overheads of Kirkby and all the other mortgages, debts and loans that Kenwright has taken out on Everton ? How much of this on average £10m would the new manager see... not much i reckon.)

Maybe not, but the whole point I was making is that it would attract investment, buyers etc. A new owner with big spends would easily clear up all that and have money in the kitty for the manager.

Whether or not its up to "our" standards, ( Nil Satis Nisi Optimum ?)

If you read the rest of the sentence I did say no matter what the stadium was like, it would attract investment which is what the club needs.

Nobody is knocking on the clubs door, if they were you think we'd say "no"? ( Ask Randy Lerner who told him no then )

Whoops, one bid for about £80mill was it? Anyone else had a go? Nope? Why not?

all they see now is a declining stadium in need of repair and a more lucrative club next door in the [Poor language removed], why invest?( cheaper option, finished one place below them this season and have a manager who is without doubt one of the best British managers in the last 5 years )

But its not really cheap and again with what the team do, wouldnt you think people would be knocked on the door to buy? No, because we're not attracting them. They see the club needs a new stadium that would cost £200mill as well as buying out the club and wiping out the dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.