Confirmed Signing Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant believe we aint going for this kid.

An injury to DCL or Richarlison and its bare bones up top and Tosun/Iwobi dont cut the mustard.

£15 million is pittance these days - get him in and loan/sell Tosun in January
Agree unless we have our eye on someone for January we have left ourselves very light. Tosun not good enough, Simms not ready. Annoying as we are now relying on no injuries to Richy or Dom till January and them playing most of the minutes.

There's cover for the sake of cover, then there's quality cover like King. King is better and plays multiple positions.

Financially I imagine we are at the upper limit of what we can spend right now with the size of squad and outlay on wages.

I ain't arguing over wether he is any good or not.

The point is we have cover. Can't expect them to fix everything in one window when our wages are so high relative to turnover.

If Ancelotti can work these transfer miracles with no European football on just name and relationships, imagine what he could bring in with Champions League football.

This is the time to go for broke. The wage situation will fix itself in less than two years, Moshiri has the money and UEFA is not going to swing the FFP hammer during COVID. Investing in the squad to get us to top 4 is the smart play, especially when we're building a new stadium.

If Ancelotti can work these transfer miracles with no European football on just name and relationships, imagine what he could bring in with Champions League football.

This is the time to go for broke. The wage situation will fix itself in less than two years, Moshiri has the money and UEFA is not going to swing the FFP hammer during COVID. Investing in the squad to get us to top 4 is the smart play, especially when we're building a new stadium.

I'm sure the board are investing as much as they can.

Unpopular but I would like to see Tosun given another go (as back up) now that the service to him has improved massively since last season, he knows where the goal is but fed on scraps b4 every time he got a chance. DCL was ‘not good enough’ playing in the same team and is flying now. As back up til Xmas we have Richy and Tosun, enough for a few months.
Plus couldn’t we recall Kean from his loan spell at the champions league semi finalists if we really needed to?

Unpopular but I would like to see Tosun given another go (as back up) now that the service to him has improved massively since last season, he knows where the goal is but fed on scraps b4 every time he got a chance. DCL was ‘not good enough’ playing in the same team and is flying now. As back up til Xmas we have Richy and Tosun, enough for a few months.
Plus couldn’t we recall Kean from his loan spell at the champions league semi finalists if we really needed to?
If the quotes from Kean are accurate we won't see him here again.

We will not get top 6 with Gordon on the wing.

We will not get top 6 with Josh King upfront for any stretch of time. There’s two scenarios here. If a first team player is out for a week or two then w shave back up in place. If a first team player is out long term then it doesn’t matter if that backup is Gordon or Josh King we ain’t doing anything if our main source of goals gets a long term injury. Successful teams have to go largely injury free. That’s why this King debate is silly, if we end up in a situation where he is playing every game then we’re not making top6.

Status
Not open for further replies.