Confirmed Signing Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will not get top 6 with Josh King upfront for any stretch of time. There’s two scenarios here. If a first team player is out for a week or two then w shave back up in place. If a first team player is out long term then it doesn’t matter if that backup is Gordon or Josh King we ain’t doing anything if our main source of goals gets a long term injury. Successful teams have to go largely injury free. That’s why this King debate is silly, if we end up in a situation where he is playing every game then we’re not making top6.

The debate isn't silly at all. Our bench isn't good enough. We don't have a good backup striker.

Whether it's King or somebody else we need somebody on the bench who can come in to replace DCL when he inevitably gets injured that has a proven track record of scoring goals in this league. Tosun, Simms. No, not good enough.

Josh King's not a 1 goal in 3 striker, as some have said. Just checked, and he scored 6 (3 pens) in 26 last season and 12 (8 pens) in 35 the season before.

If you take out the pens, he's scored 7 in 61, a strike rate of less than 1 every 8 games. No thanks

You've selectively looked at two seasons rather than his whole prem career which seems a bit of a weird distinction to make. Particularly when last season Bournemouth were generally rank and had lost one of their main attacking players in Fraser along with struggling significantly with injuries.

We will not get top 6 with Josh King upfront for any stretch of time. There’s two scenarios here. If a first team player is out for a week or two then w shave back up in place. If a first team player is out long term then it doesn’t matter if that backup is Gordon or Josh King we ain’t doing anything if our main source of goals gets a long term injury. Successful teams have to go largely injury free. That’s why this King debate is silly, if we end up in a situation where he is playing every game then we’re not making top6.
Exactly this.
Plus we would have wasted a large sum of money inc. wages on a player who is not of a sufficiently high standard for where we wish to compete.
Given his age we are extremely unlikely to recoup any money spent on him.
If we can’t identify a younger or more accomplished player we surely go with what we have.
I remain unconvinced we are interested him in any case .

Josh King's not a 1 goal in 3 striker, as some have said. Just checked, and he scored 6 (3 pens) in 26 last season and 12 (8 pens) in 35 the season before.

If you take out the pens, he's scored 7 in 61, a strike rate of less than 1 every 8 games. No thanks

There is debate to be had in coming to Everton he will have a better midfield and supply line behind him...

There is debate to be had in coming to Everton he will have a better midfield and supply line behind him...

Indeed.

Removing penalties he scores every 3.7 games in the Prem.

Including assists but without penalties he scores or assists every 2.6 games. For Bournemouth.

I'd be interested to see how many of our players over the past few seasons have contributed a goal or assist every 2.6 games. I'd bet it's not many.

I can understand people saying he's not good enough and we need to sign better, but surely in that case we can't be happy settling with what we currently have.

Indeed.

Including assists but without penalties he scores or assists every 2.6 games. For Bournemouth.

I'd be interested to see how many of our players over the past few seasons have contributed a goal or assist every 2.6 games. I'd bet it's not many.

I can understand people saying he's not good enough and we need to sign better, but surely in that case we can't be happy settling with what we currently have.

Without DCL leading the line, which does include him being in our best eleven, we are very much changed side, he is one player agmonst others we would most definitely miss, if suspension fatigue or injury comes along... Indeed we are short up front... Unless Simms is ready to step up!?

Without DCL leading the line, which does include him being in our best eleven, we are very much changed side, he is one player agmonst others we would most definitely miss, if suspension fatigue or injury comes along... Indeed we are short up front... Unless Simms is ready to step up!?

Would be fantastic if Simms came in and started bagging goals but I think it's neither sensible for our ambitions to be relying on a 19 year old nor fair on him to put that much pressure on.

He is 28years old if he was capable of contributing sufficiently to a top club , he would have been snapped up long ago or he would still be on the books at United.
I would also add that if we did recruit someone it would surely be a forward who prefers the right whereas when not playing central King almost exclusively prefers the left.

Indeed.

Already done all of that (for all his seasons in the prem) 10 or so pages back and it just gets shot down. He didn't score 8 pens out of his 12 goals though, it was 5. People just see 1 in 3, which is a load of tosh.

If you remove his 12 pens he has in the league then Tosun has a better rate than him, even kean does.

Personally think he would be a very good back up. Think seamus would like to see him here rather than against him. He can cover several positions and that alone is worth it. I said it last season that I believe that outside the box he is more polished than DCL and will bring in other players with his hold up play and quick feet. As goal scoring goes that is unknown until he plays in a team that is not forever struggling. I have always liked him and from what I have seen of him he is dangerous and can easily get behind defences. I would be pleased if we got him.......he won't really strengthen the team but no doubt he will strengthen the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.