Confirmed Signing Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've selectively looked at two seasons rather than his whole prem career which seems a bit of a weird distinction to make. Particularly when last season Bournemouth were generally rank and had lost one of their main attacking players in Fraser along with struggling significantly with injuries.
I'm just quoting his stats for the last 2 seasons, as in most recent form. Hardly weird, although I did mistakenly add 3 pens he scored for Norway. If you want to look at his last 5 in the PL with Bournemouth, he's scored 48 goals in 161 games. 12 were penalties, so taking away pens that's 36 goals in 5 years in the PL. A goal every 4.5 games, so not sure where you get a goal every 3.7 games from.

Regardless of the exact figure, I wouldn't be against signing him on loan, but definitely not on a permanent deal. We've already lumbered ourselves with too much dead wood, without adding more.

I'm just quoting his stats for the last 2 seasons, as in most recent form. Hardly weird, although I did mistakenly add 3 pens he scored for Norway. If you want to look at his last 5 in the PL with Bournemouth, he's scored 48 goals in 161 games. 12 were penalties, so taking away pens that's 36 goals in 5 years in the PL. A goal every 4.5 games, so not sure where you get a goal every 3.7 games from.

Regardless of the exact figure, I wouldn't be against signing him on loan, but definitely not on a permanent deal. We've already lumbered ourselves with too much dead wood, without adding more.

I'm looking at minutes, as it's a fairer way of understanding player contribution.

He is 28years old if he was capable of contributing sufficiently to a top club , he would have been snapped up long ago or he would still be on the books at United.
I would also add that if we did recruit someone it would surely be a forward who prefers the right whereas when not playing central King almost exclusively prefers the left.

Not suggesting he would improve the the first eleven, there are not many realistic targets out there, just worried if DCL picks up a knock... Besides there is most definitely a need for a whipping boy for those of us for a penchant for bitterness, now that DCL has torn his critics a new back passage...

So he doesn't, then.
Well he is on our books, he is an Everton player mate, we are his parent club, he is an Everton player mate, his contract says he is an Everton player mate, up until the point he signs on the dotted line for a fee to a new club, he is an Everton player mate. PSG have to send him back, to Everton because, ya know he is an Everton player. Not sorry for being pedantic.

Well he is on our books, he is an Everton player mate, we are his parent club, he is an Everton player mate, his contract says he is an Everton player mate, up until the point he signs on the dotted line for a fee to a new club, he is an Everton player mate. PSG have to send him back, to Everton because, ya know he is an Everton player. Not sorry for being pedantic.
It is a play on words......he is an Everton player but he plays for PSG

I'm looking at minutes, as it's a fairer way of understanding player contribution.
Ah, fair enough. I just think we need to think a bit more long term.The signings we've made this window have all been top quality players who improve us straight away or youngsters with massive potential (apart from the new back up keeper). I agree we're light up front and I'd take King on loan, but to challenge the elite in the coming seasons we need better on permanent deals. Until we can shift more dead wood over the next window or two, we need to make do with who we've got, even though it really pains me to say that.

You're not being pedantic as you're not right. He plays for PSG.

Bournemouth are upset because the Hammers have been talking terms with King behind their backs so looks like Londonh could be beckoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.