Homepage Update: Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is lots in his game to improve on eggs, but 100% i would rather he be getting coached at us than seeing one of our rivals sign him.

I honestly believe this is a truly fantastic signing and I know it's a lot of money but if he even becomes only 60% of the keeper he can be, he will have been an absolute bargain imo

...it's a really good point, Matey and one I was going to make. I agree we have a signing of real potential, I think it's imperative we have a goalkeeping coach that offers the support he needs to realise it.

I actually think this will be one of the features (and terrible legacies) of the Koeman period in charge: massive fees paid for poor-to-mediocre players.

Also argued as one of the terrible legacies of the Martinez era is you hating on anything the club does

Gueye bought for 7m - how much would he sell for Dave
Same for Lookman - 8m - how much would he sell for?

Your talking bobbins again Dave, love you to bits, but sometimes i wonder why it's always glass half full, - must be a pain in the arse to be in a round with

I think there is lots in his game to improve on eggs, but 100% i would rather he be getting coached at us than seeing one of our rivals sign him.

I honestly believe this is a truly fantastic signing and I know it's a lot of money but if he even becomes only 60% of the keeper he can be, he will have been an absolute bargain imo

Best comment on here today tbh mate

...I'd be disappointed if he didn't make the two saves you refer to if I'm honest. I'd still like to see him dealing with crosses under pressure rather than a series of decent saves.
Just makes the Skills Montage look worse, but that's down to the twelve year old editor.

...it's a really good point, Matey and one I was going to make. I agree we have a signing of real potential, I think it's imperative we have a goalkeeping coach that offers the support he needs to realise it.

Definitely eggs, I think he's got a top manager who will basically be in his ear telling him what it takes to be the best and that he's got all the tools to be the best and Everton is the right environment for him.

There's just been some moments where he's made a particular save and I've gone "wow, that was a Southall moment" and I don't think I can speak any higher than that. Just someone half as good as Southall would probably win us a trophy.

Honestly eggs, I'm 100% delighted and happy to see us making what I see as a big bloody statement of intent in securing one if the brightest goalkeepers money can buy.

Definitely eggs, I think he's got a top manager who will basically be in his ear telling him what it takes to be the best and that he's got all the tools to be the best and Everton is the right environment for him.

There's just been some moments where he's made a particular save and I've gone "wow, that was a Southall moment" and I don't think I can speak any higher than that. Just someone half as good as Southall would probably win us a trophy.

Honestly eggs, I'm 100% delighted and happy to see us making what I see as a big bloody statement of intent in securing one if the brightest goalkeepers money can buy.

Denis Lawrence is available

Woah there Chimpster, I'm happy with the deal.

I just find the whole 'it's not your money' argument to be pointless and tiresome. NONE OF IT is actually to do with us, it's not our money, not our glory, not our failure, not our ground, not our players. But we care don't we? That's what fans do. It not being my money doesn't mean I can't be concerned about the use of it, just as me not being the manager doesn't mean I can't be concerned about the starting line up.

If this was the bad old days, yes you'd have a point. Money isn't really much of an issue anymore. That's the whole point of having loads of it. Price isn't as important as getting the thing you want and need.

From the games i've taken a notice of him in he's left a lot to be desired but then he's had games i've not seen him play where the media has raved about him so i'm open minded to this.

I'm trying to see the financial side of it from a positive, he's shown already he can play in this league and at 23 he has years ahead of him till he even reaches his prime, at worse we could be looking at a very solid GK for the next 10 years at best we could have Englands #1 GK for the next 10 years in a team who has pushed into the top 4 regularly or even made a hefty profit from his sale down the line.

One things for sure, il be taking an even closer look at England U21's over this next month with him being the likely starting GK.

Status
Not open for further replies.