2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s hope there’s a few interested, I’d have no problem selling him, Gordon and Dominic Calvert-Lewin, add in kean amd a few fringe players, plus 7/8 out of contract freeing up loads of wages. We could be looking at a 150/200mil war chest lol.

Just need to spend it properly.
Think he’s nailed on for Spurs. Which is depressing. Wasn’t so long ago they had been our competitors for European football. Now they are taking our best players with ease.

He is nailed on to go.

Arguably one of our last money assets - along with Gordon and DCL if he stops being injured.

We wasted stones / lukaku money on mostly dross we couldn’t shift.

We seemingly wasted richarlison money on McNeill and maupay who I doubt will make us a profit.

I don’t have great hope we will reinvest any money we get from Pickford wisely.

Eventually the assets run dry and we will be backed into a corner.

I'm 100% behind the theory that classism, or assorted regionalist bigotries are at play where Pickford is concerned.

He's a noisy, working class North Easterner who plays for an unfancied, working class, North Western football club.

Plenty in the southern media don't like any of those things, let alone all of them in one package.
The team is full of working class northern, and brummies.
Barely heard anyone say they want him out.
Heard a lot of people say that he has a mistake in him…. That includes half this forum to be fair.
RS fans prob more likely to be fair

I'd question that!
18 months left on his contract! Some of the 'big 6' are in goalkeeper transition (United & Spurs have ageing goalies, while Chelsea arent set on either of there's)
Will get the move he deserves for a cut down price this summer

This World Cup will have driven his worth higher in terms of ability and hopefully value.

There will definitely be CL clubs looking at him and our financial situation and thinking that this is a deal that could happen.... unfortunately they may be right.

If he has a WC like Richarlison, actually has to do something should we cash in if we get a massive fee?

If he doesn't sign a contract by the summer then he has to be sold. He is too valuable to leave on a free transfer.

Selling in January should be an absolute no though, unless we get offered something absolutely ludicrous. I'd be talking something close to Allison money to even consider selling midseason in a relegation scrap

Will ask to leave in summer for a champions league team. That’s what’s coming out from a few close “sources” within the England camp. Fee needs to be £50 million plus imo.

Cant blame him. £50m is by a mile, the absolute minimum imo. Unless his contract is up soonish.

Contract up in 2024.

I expect either he extends (unlikely but preferred) or we sell in Jan for £50mil+ or in the summer for £20-30mil.

Can't blame him if he wants to go to be honest

Never really been appreciated by a chunk of the fan base here and we're a club that's going nowhere

It's also got to rankle with him that he's been consistently one of his England's best players for the past 4 years but you still get people in the media saying he's the weak link or the reason they won't win anything

He goes to a top six club and that talk will cease pretty quickly

He gets more money, get's to play in competitions like the CL and he gets the media off his back

When Ferdinand was saying the other day that he thinks this England side is the best he's seen in his lifetime I thought about that 2006 side. Honestly think only Pickford from this current crop makes that best 11 from back then. Possibly Kane over Owen.

He is performing excellently at a World cup competition.... is that not as good a barometer as any .
He performed equally well in the same competition four years ago and is the consistent stand out performer in our team in recent years.... what more would you have him do ?
I would have him surgically remove a kopite defender's leg; only then could he be considered truly world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.