2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Everton Football Club Company, Limited start buying players worthy of the shirt, perhaps then more people will appreciate the excellence of Mr. Pickford. A great goalkeeper is not one who makes 15 saves in a 3-0 defeat because his defence is risible. No. A great goalkeeper is one who makes that critical intervention - one from one - when his well-organised side are finally and singularly pierced. Pickford does that by rote at this point. As a former amateur custodian myself, I maintain that his save from Jorginho in the Euro 2020 penalty shoot-out was the best penalty save I have ever seen. In a parallel universe, had he played with competent colleagues, he'd now be Sir Jordan of Pickford. Thems the breaks.

This World Cup will have driven his worth higher in terms of ability and hopefully value.

There will definitely be CL clubs looking at him and our financial situation and thinking that this is a deal that could happen.... unfortunately they may be right.

This World Cup will have driven his worth higher in terms of ability and hopefully value.

There will definitely be CL clubs looking at him and our financial situation and thinking that this is a deal that could happen.... unfortunately they may be right.
I think he's at the age and ability level where he's probably in a situation Lukaku, Richarlison etc have been in where he should really be going to win things, because he does have it in him

Not bad for a keeper a lot of England fans hate, a lot of the press don't want as Number 1 and a lot of Everton Fans who moan nearly every week about, no matter how brilliant he is in matches, and want sold/gone

He and the England team will have done well if he matches Shilton's record against France.

Noticed his ball distribution was spot on tonight...,
100% this. A complete mix of long balls, short balls, quick distribution and slow. In recent times, he has generally been very good for us. But I get very frustrated by the fact he never seems to just throw it out quickly and set us on a counter attack, but maybe this is also down to the lack of options he has available to him?

Not bad for a keeper a lot of England fans hate, a lot of the press don't want as Number 1 and a lot of Everton Fans who moan nearly every week about, no matter how brilliant he is in matches, and want sold/gone

I'm 100% behind the theory that classism, or assorted regionalist bigotries are at play where Pickford is concerned.

He's a noisy, working class North Easterner who plays for an unfancied, working class, North Western football club.

Plenty in the southern media don't like any of those things, let alone all of them in one package.

I'm 100% behind the theory that classism, or assorted regionalist bigotries are at play where Pickford is concerned.

He's a noisy, working class North Easterner who plays for an unfancied, working class, North Western football club.

Plenty in the southern media don't like any of those things, let alone all of them in one package.

He snapped the red media’s precious Dutch Demi god in half and they’ve utterly despised him ever since. Also every second of attention that’s not spent on them is a cause for annoyance hence why some journalists don’t like Harry Kane outside of tournaments, have tried to unseat Pickford for about 4 years, and think the biggest issue with England is that ‘Trent’ is not starting. Sadly far too many pundits and sadly Everton fans want their heads patted by the kopite masses so go along with the criticism of someone who has probably been our best player for absolutely ages now and will be in the pantheon of England goalkeeper greats just behind Banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.