2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if certain posters are beginning to realise that Pickford is by far the least of our problems. I've seen lots of Keepers here over the years, in my opinion Southall is the pick of the bunch, it's a difficult one after that, it would have been Martyn after him, but, we signed him too late and he wasn't here long enough. So I will go with Gordon West as the second best I've seen here, Pickford is a very similar keeper, he can have the odd rush of blood, as Westy could, but, all in all he is a very gifted keeper.

If you sit and analyse any players performances you will find mistakes, so yes, Pickford makes mistakes, but, he is at a far higher level that we have been during his time here.

I wonder if certain posters are beginning to realise that Pickford is by far the least of our problems. I've seen lots of Keepers here over the years, in my opinion Southall is the pick of the bunch, it's a difficult one after that, it would have been Martyn after him, but, we signed him too late and he wasn't here long enough. So I will go with Gordon West as the second best I've seen here, Pickford is a very similar keeper, he can have the odd rush of blood, as Westy could, but, all in all he is a very gifted keeper.

If you sit and analyse any players performances you will find mistakes, so yes, Pickford makes mistakes, but, he is at a far higher level that we have been during his time here.
Pickfords an excellent keeper and far better than Gordon West.

Pickfords an excellent keeper and far better than Gordon West.
West was an excellent keeper, so is Pickford, they both have/had the odd rush of blood, but, they are/were both great keepers. Don't forget, even though Westy only got a couple of caps, Gordon Banks, the best keeper in the world at the time, was England's regular keeper. Either way, after Southall, there is little to choose between West and Pickford as the best we've had.

Deserves every bit of praise he gets. Been fantastic for a good 18 months now. Hypothetically If someone gave you a choice of losing Richarlison or Pickford at the end of last season I'd of got rid of Richarlison every day. Pickford is so vital to the team now.

West was an excellent keeper, so is Pickford, they both have/had the odd rush of blood, but, they are/were both great keepers. Don't forget, even though Westy only got a couple of caps, Gordon Banks, the best keeper in the world at the time, was England's regular keeper. Either way, after Southall, there is little to choose between West and Pickford as the best we've had.
Very fair post, good to see some objectivity.

Ramsdale and Pope crying into thier gloves right now

No hope of them getting the England spot
They never did tbh, he’s always been top class for Southgate and he’s very loyal.
Being ace for us just cements it really and keeps the idiot media off his back.

Also, his interview with BT about 30 seconds after the final whistle was brilliantly composed and I was very impressed with how he talked about the squad and it’s improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.